•  

Thursday Night Rides! Meet at CamRock Garage. No-drop. Ride at 6p.

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 29, 2016, 02:19 PM

OK I know folks have been itching for a ride. Tonight should be awesome! Perfect weather. Trails will be tacky but not wet. Riders will be.... well time will tell. So get your cool self on out tonight and make it epic!
    We are eking out a perfect window of weather in a whole month of yuk. Lets make the most of it. Rains are supposed to return tomorrow  :(

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 23, 2016, 11:41 AM

I suppose it's too wet for tonight's ride??   >:(
    Well the trails are closed so......
    I know the pub is open. And there is a football game some plan to watch. So there is that :D

Phooey.  Just sick of all the rain.  I was hoping the mayor had passed an ordinance outlawing rain from falling on Cam-Rock.   :)
    Well I guess I need to up my powers...... I was just looking up plans for the Ark ::)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

September 22, 2016, 06:03 PM

I know the pub is open. And there is a football game some plan to watch. So there is that :D

Phooey.  Just sick of all the rain.  I was hoping the mayor had passed an ordinance outlawing rain from falling on Cam-Rock.   :)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 22, 2016, 05:17 PM

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

September 22, 2016, 05:02 PM

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 16, 2016, 06:28 AM

Well that was a heck of a fun ride! A number of new faces. Some new to the area. Some just joining in the crazy train for the first time. Faster riders. Slower riders. Technically great riders and some challenging themselves on new terrain. But all real solid.
    And everyone having fun.
    Then everyone gathering in the CamRock Pub afterward to rehash the whole thing.
    That is what a group ride is all about! Really a great group of folks to ride with. Thanks for coming out everyone and making that a special night.
    Lets do it again next week! By then you will prolly want to be off the singletrack by about 7:10. You can always ride back on the gravel path. Or bring lights and ride as long as you like. If you need lights post up and we will set you up. Riding in the fall is about the best time of year!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 15, 2016, 10:21 AM

It should be an amazing night for riding! Cool evening temps. Perfect tacky trails. All we need is good people to ride with. So get on out here for some fun! And this time I promise there WILL be pub burgers afterward! Riding will be good til about 7:30 without lights. If you want to ride later bring them.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 08, 2016, 04:41 PM

Trails are open. Let's ride.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 02, 2016, 12:28 AM

As was commented on tonight. "I will never understand what and why others ride" This was easily the best riding conditions of the last couple of months. Cool temps. No humidity. Tacky trails. In a word. It was perfect. A few on our ride. And the CR3 parking had a few cars.
    Yeah I know there were lots of distractions tonight. The Pack was playing. First night of school. But damn the riding was awesome!
    And the after-ride was great as well. A good group to hang, have a couple cold ones, and talk riding and plans. Even a few that were not on the ride, but did their own ride, that we got to BS with.
    And as always, I got the special ride no one else gets. The ride after the after-ride. Late night. Even cooler temps. Fog rising out of the valley over the creek. And perfectly clear skies. The Milky Way clear and bright. I had to stop for awhile and take it all in. Awesome night. Thanks everyone who was here to take part!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 01, 2016, 01:04 PM

After the third wettest August on record. After the heat. The humidity. And fighting to keep trails maintained and open in these conditions.

Now we have tonight! Dry. Low humidity. In fact I just got off the trails and they are dialed. Tacky and fast. The fun factor is extremely high.

The only question is are you going to be here? If you have not been out in awhile the CamRock Pub is open. The perfect place to hang and have a couple after the ride. And the Pub Burgers and Pub Chips are amazing! Hope you can make it ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 25, 2016, 04:17 PM

I just got a note that the trails are OK for tonight! I would expect a some wet rocks and roots. Maybe even a few wet corners that need repair. But it should be a good one!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 15, 2016, 01:48 PM

We had a nice ride last week. Luckily we were able to get a ride in on near-perfect trails before the deluge of rains came overnight. On the other hand the humidity levels were off the charts. I think that is what it feels like to ride in the tropics! Yikes. A number of folks were feeling it. Luckily the CamRock Pub was open to replenish fluids afterward! And the Pub Burgers were awesome. That and some BS was a perfect end to the night.

Anywho, this weeks ride falls on the same night as the CORP fundraiser movie premier Not 2 Bad. https://www.facebook.com/events/1126030227468361/

I am making an executive decision and say we move our festivities out to Capital, have a great ride, check out the new trails at PleasantView, and then hang around for this awesome movie and a brew. In fact I just signed up to lead the group ride that night. So come on over to Capital Brewery for the ride! Wheels rolling at 5:30! Movie starts at 8.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 11, 2016, 05:17 PM

Only about 1/4" of rain for now. If any additional holds off until later we should be good to go for a good ride tonight.
    I'm looking forward to trying the new Pub burgers and fries!
    Looks like the rain is holding off until later. It should be perfect for riding tonight!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 11, 2016, 12:24 PM

Only about 1/4" of rain for now. If any additional holds off until later we should be good to go for a good ride tonight.
    I'm looking forward to trying the new Pub burgers and fries!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 10, 2016, 10:20 PM

It's looking like a great night for riding this week! AND CamRock Sport wants to do a soft opening for the new CamRock Pub. There will be grass-fed burgers and homemade pub fries for the riders who make it through to the end!

~ Chuck Hutchens