•  

Frame bags

July 31, 2015, 07:47 AM

Does anyone here in town stock Relevate Designs frame bags?

REI has two sizes of the Tangle bag, but I have already run out of road there.  What I need is a Ranger bag in either small or medium.

In a perfect world, I would be able to take my cobbled together 29er (with its, apparently, hard to fit janky-assed* geometry) into a shop and find the biggest bag that would fit. 

I've been told they are available through QBP, but I don't know if anyone here in town stocks them.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Jeff

*industry term.

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 31, 2015, 10:33 AM

REI has two sizes of the Tangle bag, but I have already run out of road there.  What I need is a Ranger bag in either small or medium.

In a perfect world, I would be able to take my cobbled together 29er (with its, apparently, hard to fit janky-assed* geometry) into a shop and find the biggest bag that would fit. 

I've been told they are available through QBP, but I don't know if anyone here in town stocks them.

Jeff

*industry term.
    Or you could see if Richard Schick, one of your fellow CORPers, would make you one. By the looks of teh bag on my bike, he knows what he is doing :P

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 31, 2015, 01:40 PM

Motorless Motion carries them and has them on display.

I can whip up a competitively priced and comparable quality custom bag but I'm slow so it usually takes me a few weeks to knock one out.  If you don't need it right away I'd be happy to work on one for you.

XXX

August 01, 2015, 03:01 PM

Jeff

*industry term.
    Or you could see if Richard Schick, one of your fellow CORPers, would make you one. By the looks of teh bag on my bike, he knows what he is doing :P
    Hokey-Smokes!  I didn't know that option even existed.  worth looking into for sure.

XXX

August 01, 2015, 03:05 PM

Motorless Motion carries them and has them on display.

I can whip up a competitively priced and comparable quality custom bag but I'm slow so it usually takes me a few weeks to knock one out.  If you don't need it right away I'd be happy to work on one for you.

Wow.  I didn't know anyone around here did that sort of thing.  Do you have a web site or photos of your work online somewhere?

If nothing else, thanks for mentioning MM.  I may "need" it sooner than later, but if I find myself with a little capacity to be patient, I would like to see whatcha got; and for sure on future projects.

XXX

August 03, 2015, 11:33 AM

Revolution Cycles on Atwood usually has a few Revelate bags in stock too.

XXX

August 04, 2015, 07:43 PM

Revolution Cycles on Atwood usually has a few Revelate bags in stock too.

Thanks, ill check that out too.

XXX

August 05, 2015, 10:34 AM

Do you have a web site or photos of your work online somewhere?

There isn't a site but I'll try to dig up some photos.

XXX

August 05, 2015, 02:42 PM

Do you have a web site or photos of your work online somewhere?

There isn't a site but I'll try to dig up some photos.

Don't go to any extreme troube.  I have decided (partially since nobody stocks frame bags) that I have all the carrying capacity I need for a couple short trips and what not, and if I want to go for a longer trip I can use my Pugsley ( which already has a bag). 

I still want a bag for my Gary Fisher frame, but I am in Laid Back/No Hurry mode.  Just when you get a chance.  Or ill bug the snot out of Chuck until he posts up a zillion pictures of his.  Oh hell, why not both?

XXX

August 05, 2015, 04:02 PM

this bag could be a cheap temporary solution:

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_563352_-1___

I've found that on my 17" and 18" frames that I can use it along with two water bottles.  instead of attaching it to the seattube, I slide it a bit foward and attach it to a strap running between the seat tube bottle cage and the top tube if that makes sense.

Fits a surprising amount of stuff - definitely got my $13 dollars worth.

XXX

August 06, 2015, 09:34 AM

this bag could be a cheap temporary solution:

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_563352_-1___

I've found that on my 17" and 18" frames that I can use it along with two water bottles.  instead of attaching it to the seattube, I slide it a bit foward and attach it to a strap running between the seat tube bottle cage and the top tube if that makes sense.

Fits a surprising amount of stuff - definitely got my $13 dollars worth.

Bang for the buck wise, that seems like a better temporary solution than a more expensive bag.

If I decide to stick with this Gary Fisher frame going forward, and have a bigger bag made for it, I will be out less than 20 bucks and still have a bag to use for other bikes.

good call McCarthy.  Thanks.