•  

Midwest Bicycle Show / Bike-O Rama

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

February 05, 2016, 09:46 PM

The Midwest Bicycle Show (formerly Bike-O-Rama) (http://bikeorama.com/bikeorama/) is coming up, March 11, 12, and 13, and we will have a table there to spread the word and encourage folks to join.  It would be awesome if there were always a couple people at that table. 

This event is a fun one, with trials demonstrations, a unicycle show, tons of bike gear, deals on accessories, etc.  It is the same weekend as Canoecopia, and, with the name change, they have been trying to make it a similar type of show, rather than just a clearance event.  So there is a presentation space; not only could you learn something, you could teach something!  If you have an idea for a CORP-related presentation and are interested in giving it, we would be happy to support you.

If you are able to work at the table, please sign-up here:  http://doodle.com/poll/zy9ueapa3ssyi98y.

Thanks!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

March 05, 2016, 04:36 PM

Hey, all, it's time to make a commitment.  I don't want to spend the whole weekend there, and you can save me from that by stepping up for two short hours!  Or four!  I know some of you figure, "I'll just show up and work for a bit," which is better than nothing, but it makes everyone's life easier if we know who is coming and when.  Again, having at least two people in each time slot is ideal.  Thanks!

XXX

March 05, 2016, 10:12 PM

Has the content, booths, bike sellers changed w/ the name change? We might be coming back to town for the canoe/bike happenings but I didn't know the name had changed. I'm looking at fat bike info specifically (or the bikes themselves)  We're 3 hours away now...

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

March 06, 2016, 08:54 AM

Has the content, booths, bike sellers changed w/ the name change? We might be coming back to town for the canoe/bike happenings but I didn't know the name had changed. I'm looking at fat bike info specifically (or the bikes themselves)  We're 3 hours away now...

The event became several times larger last year. Jeff Lenosky still does his shows in the original location. The new building has far more bikes, vendors, more manufacturer reps doing setup and we were next to Bike Fed last year.

Jon and I are very concerned about the lack of volunteers signed up yet. We have space and time to do demos, and every year this event helps fuel what we do. We meet new faces who help us out. It's more important than ever to get volunteers here because we have so much more going on.

Please sign up! We're a less than a week away with only 3 people committed for part of a 3 day event. Jon and I will take care of setup and take down. If you love your sport and all the stuff we're doing for it you should be an ambassador to thousands who will attend.

http://doodle.com/poll/zy9ueapa3ssyi98y

Thank you.