•  

CamRock Trail Posse 2017, The Awakening

June 21, 2017, 11:39 AM

Talked to Chuck, I'm going to head out and use the mower tonight around 5pm to whack the creek side trails down a bit

Edit: mowed from the Cafe to the long bridge, should be good for a while. Had some issues with the mower clutch overheating, pulled with Ed's out from around the shaft and it worked again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:19 PM by Phalkon30 »

XXX

June 30, 2017, 02:21 PM

Weather permitting I'm planning on spending Monday the 3rd mowing, weed whacking, and trying to find where bobsled run/cliff edge and traction went to.

I'm unsure of exact timing, but if the trailer and gear are gone I gave a heads up :)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

June 30, 2017, 10:00 PM

Weather permitting I'm planning on spending Monday the 3rd mowing, weed whacking, and trying to find where bobsled run/cliff edge and traction went to.

I'm unsure of exact timing, but if the trailer and gear are gone I gave a heads up :)

Thanks for all of your help Eric! It is really appreciated!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 02, 2017, 10:44 PM

I've already started on this project.  I cleared back bobsled last month so it should be pretty reasonable to find.  Once my shoulder is healed I'd like to collaborate.  I want to see this old school track re-opened!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 03, 2017, 10:26 AM

I've already started on this project.  I cleared back bobsled last month so it should be pretty reasonable to find.  Once my shoulder is healed I'd like to collaborate.  I want to see this old school track re-opened!
    Thanks Mitch! We saw where you had started on this above and through Bobsled . A real nice boost to get the project going. Eric and I were out there and walked the entire trail a few days back. We identified the tread and marked things where it was really overgrown along the middle and lower sections. He is going to be working on getting the corridor re-opened today.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 03, 2017, 10:37 PM

You gave me a great start today Mitch! Looking forward to working with you on it when you heal up. Spent 8 hours out there today, got all but 2 sections in walkable, maybe rideable condition (brush cleared, trail blown off).

There's a jump after bobsled, chuck and I had a hard time finding the trail, I got frustrated and left about 10 feet of it uncleared. Someone more creative than me is welcome to put their vision on it.

The other section is after the big rock drop to the main trails. Should be easy to hit with the brush trimmer, I just ran out of energy today. It's mostly marked with tape.

The section Mitch cleared is getting overgrown a bit, but is good enough until the whole thing is open.

If anyone can get a chainsaw out there, I tried using my hand saw but a real saw would make fast work of it.

I'd like to organize a trail day once the whole thing is cleared out, there is a lot of work needed to take it from "clear" to something nice to ride on. Looks freaking fun though!

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

July 13, 2017, 08:41 PM

Is anyone planning to to use the combi (hedge trimmer) this weekend?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:13 AM by JHenry »

XXX

July 14, 2017, 06:40 AM

I thought it's broken?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 14, 2017, 07:38 AM

Dave just repaired it. But I got a report yesterday that it is not working correctly.  Not sure the issue yet.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 14, 2017, 01:00 PM

I'm looking at putting together a trail day to work on bobsled run and try to get that section of trail open and rideable. My only weekend for a while is  Saturday the 22nd.

Thoughts? I haven't organized a trail day before, but I can make a post in the forum, bring the trailer, gear, water.

Biggest thing I'll need help with is someone who can run a chainsaw, and at least one person with some trail vision to see where we want to route some overgrown areas.

I'll be out there either way, but it would be nice to recruit help. Too short of notice?

XXX
    JHenry

July 14, 2017, 01:50 PM

Dave just repaired it. But I got a report yesterday that it is not working correctly.  Not sure the issue yet.

I'll evaluate it in the morning and let you know what I find.

XXX
    JHenry

July 17, 2017, 10:20 AM

The hedge trimmer is getting dropped off at Prairie Power Center today. I hit a dead branch and the blades stopped. I noticed that it may have been put together incorrectly at MPC (the head doesn't align correctly with the power unit) and the plastic retaining plug for the drive wire is stuck in the tube for the power unit.
    XXX
    JHenry

July 21, 2017, 11:23 AM

The hedge trimmer is getting dropped off at Prairie Power Center today. I hit a dead branch and the blades stopped. I noticed that it may have been put together incorrectly at MPC (the head doesn't align correctly with the power unit) and the plastic retaining plug for the drive wire is stuck in the tube for the power unit.

The trimmer is back in service. MPC didn't tighten a set screw in the head allowing the gear pack to separate. If it is needed for this weekend I can run it out tonight or tomorrow morning. You can reply  here or text me at six 0 eight 2 zero 9 five three 3 7. If it's not needed I'll bring out when the trails dry up for a ride.
    XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 24, 2017, 09:34 PM

The trimmer is back in service. MPC didn't tighten a set screw in the head allowing the gear pack to separate. If it is needed for this weekend I can run it out tonight or tomorrow morning. You can reply  here or text me at six 0 eight 2 zero 9 five three 3 7. If it's not needed I'll bring out when the trails dry up for a ride.
    Thanks Josh. Trails are open again, and the next week looks pretty good for riding. If there is one thing they need it is too use that trimmer to cut things back. Creekside os really falling in and a number of other areas need it as well. Post up when you can get it back out here so we can get working on trimming the tall plants and brush back.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry

July 25, 2017, 09:54 AM

I'll have it there tonight.