•  

2017 Video Contest

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

February 05, 2017, 09:15 AM

Dust off the GoPro, and get your editing software updated.  CORP is going to make you famous!  Put your riding and/or filming skills out there for the world to see.  Prizes will be determined by the quality and quantity of submissions, but, hey, you're going to be famous, what do you need with a prize?

We'll post submissions as they come in, deadline for submissions is October 15, and we'll award the prize(s) at the 2017 Annual Meeting.

CORP Video Contest Rules
    1) Contest is open to all current members of Capital Off-Road Pathfinders (CORP), except current members of the Board of Directors. To renew or join CORP, visit madcitydirt.com
    2) All videos must be filmed, edited, and contain completely original content produced by the submitter.
    3) Videos must be under 2 minutes and 30 seconds in length (2:30).
    4) All videos must be filmed at a CORP supported trail system, and all Trail Etiquette must be observed during filming. WE WILL DISQUALIFY VIDEOS DISRESPECTING OTHER USERS OR THE TRAILS. (So don’t go out and destroy berms, ride closed trails, ride in poor conditions, or impede other users’ enjoyment of the trails while you film!)
    5) Foul language, inappropriate behavior or other off-color humor will result in disqualification.
    6) All submissions will become the property of CORP, and CORP will fully reserve the rights to publish your submitted work (or parts thereof) as promotional materials for perpetuity. Proper credit will be given in all instances.
    7) Contest period begins on February 10, 2017 and ends on October 15, 2017.
    8) All qualifying submitters will receive a cool CORP thing.  Best Video will receive a truly Grand Prize.
    9) Approved submissions will be posted to madcitydirt.com and secure voting will commence on November 1, 2017. Voting will close on November 15, 2017.  Winners will be announced at the 2017 Annual Meeting.
    10) Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
              a. Originality
              b. Production Value
              c. Focus on trails/community
              d. Awesomeness

Good luck!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:11 PM by Gary S »

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

February 05, 2017, 09:17 AM

Here's some helpful tips.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 10, 2017, 10:53 PM

XXX

June 07, 2017, 09:34 AM

A short clip from the Battle of CR, Elite start. I'll post up a complete edit sometime soon.

XXX

June 07, 2017, 12:21 PM

While it's not footage of riding the gnar, it does highlight the great work our volunteers are going.
    CamRock Youth Workday 2017

XXX

June 30, 2017, 09:06 AM

A couple clips from Pleasant View and Blackhawk

XXX

September 13, 2017, 09:02 AM

Starting to think about Fatbikes and Snow

While it's from last season, it's a good edit.

XXX

September 13, 2017, 04:07 PM

Here's a video I made on Drop Zone at Quarry Ridge in late June.  Might try to shoot it similar but better in the fall.

I also have videos from the last couple of years from Seminole, B-Line at Quarry Ridge and a Blackhawk/PV mashup.  Nothing great but here's all my MTB videos if you happen to be really bored: 

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 17, 2017, 08:50 PM

Some of those aren't half bad you guys, thanks for sharing.  Maybe not quite award winning yet, but it's  a start.  Once I got on YouTube there is a rabbit hole of local trail footage, widely varying in quality, but it would be cool if we could gather them all into one place.  I'll get the CORP internet team on it, but if anyone has knowledge of YouTube channels and their workings and has a little time to help out, we would love your help.

XXX

October 09, 2017, 10:34 AM

CamRock Beginner Flow Trail Build Progress

I'll be pushing this via the CORP FB Page later today.

XXX

October 17, 2017, 04:57 PM

I'll just keep adding 'em.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

October 17, 2017, 09:27 PM

Nice !