•  

CamRock Spring Fling this weekend!! (free beer)

Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

April 16, 2013, 07:27 AM

No we are not oblivious to the weather outside! (free beer)  But come heck or high water the riding season will come, and we need to find a way to get ready for it. We already have the high water, can the other be far behind? (free beer)
    So lets make the best of it! (free beer)  I guarantee you will have not seen the creek this high before! We have floating bridges, washed out trails, and more to entertain you! Did I mention free beer yet? Check out the cool events we have planned below....(free beer)

Saturday - Sponsored by CamRock Sport:
    9:00 - Meet @ CamRock Park Area 1, or CamRock 1 on most mapping systems, in Cambridge. Sign in, introductions and tool safety, break into groups led by Trail Stewards. Donuts, coffee, and milk compliments of CamRock Sport.
    Located here:
    CamRock I will be our base of operations for the entire weekend.

9:30 - Work groups head to their respective work areas

1:00 - Lunch on site provided by CamRock Sport & Cafe!!(free beer) OK no free beer yet. You need to work with tools yet. Be patient!

1:30 - Regroup and breakout to work areas

5:00 - Snacks, hydration, and group ride

6:00 - Free dinner and music and yes FREE BEER at CamRock Sport! 217 Water Street if you have not been there before. We will get you there.
    Lets get this party started! Enjoy the fruits of our day of work, talk about the fun that was had, BS with like-minded mountain biking folk, and enjoy the free food and beer! CamRock Sport is donating all the eats, and Ale Asylum is donating the beer! How the heck can you top that? Oh yeah, we will have free music, and fire! A flaming bike, bonfire, you name it!
    Links to CamRock Sport sites here - You will want to get on their weekly email list: https://www.facebook.com/CamRockSport?ref=ts&fref=ts and here: http://camrocksport.com/

8:ish - Night ride? If you wanna bring a bike, and you are a little bit crazy, this will go down. Ride from CamRock Sport to Heather's! Gravel trail is still trail right? No more free beer? but a great fun bar nonetheless.

If you are crazy enough with this weather, and have a hankerin'. We have CamRock I reserved for the weekend. You could camp out if you want to. There will be a porta potty available. Though the nearest running water is a mile away at CamRock Sport.

Sunday - Sponsored by The Rockdale Bar & Grill (formerly known as Heather's):
    9:00 - Breakfast at CamRock I CamRock III. Sausage, eggs, pastries, coffee. Rockdale Bar & Grill will provide everything you need. Just show up, eat, and get ready to fix up some trails!
    Located here:

9:30 - Sign in, introductions and tool safety, break into groups led by Trail Stewards.

1:00 - Meet at Rockdale Bar & Grill for lunch and the after weekend party! More free food and Free Beer! Forecasts say it might actually be nice enough to party on the deck! And if we are lucky there will be a meat raffle going on... ;)

Free beer, free food, free music, bikes, bonfires, you aren't gonna want to miss this! Pretty much the coolest place to be if you are into trails and bikes this weekend. The first fun of the biking season is here. Come on out and join us.
    Please join us for as much of the trail work weekend as you can. I know the forecast does not look rosy. But would you rather be working on trails when the trails are good to ride? Or get them ready when conditions are crud and then be good to go when conditions improve? Another positive is with conditions like this the trails are really showing us where the water issues are. The more help we get the more we can deal with those issues and the faster we will be riding.
    With this weather I would recommend a nice dry set of warm clothes to change into. I am no slave driver. We want you to have fun as well as get some good work done on the trails. So dress warm. Dress for being outdoors. And for doing some work - like boots and gloves. And don't forget, you will definitely want to stick around after the work to enjoy the fruits of our labor! Free Beer!
    So get off the couch, and out of the house. I hope to see some faces I have not seen in months.
    As always, call me if you need to come late, early, or just can't make the designated meeting times. i will steer you to place to make a difference. My celly is 7:SEVEN:2 7:EIGHT THREE:3. Free Beer!

~ i like social d

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:56 AM by JHenry »

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

April 16, 2013, 12:04 PM

Still bringing my tent! The low overnight Saturday to Sunday looks 'warm' compared to what we have had........