•  

Weed wacking the Farm

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

July 21, 2019, 08:50 PM

Time to give the Farm a buzz. Hopefully I've waited long enough that if we give it one good wacking it will be good for the year.
    I have managed to get out and do one side of the trail on the south loop. Planning to go out again tomorrow (Monday) night  after work, 5:30ish. If anyone wants to join me that would be great.
    If you have time sometime this week, just go start working on the north loop whenever works best for you. Just post up here what you get done so others know where to start when they come out.
    Once I get the south loop done, I will work on getting the connector mowed.
    Thanks
    Greg

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

July 31, 2021, 04:18 PM

I’m planning to trim weeds at the Farm on Thursday morning August 5th. Would you like to help? Have you been looking for an opportunity to see these trails? Message to coordinate.

XXX

July 31, 2021, 05:07 PM

I was going to get in touch to offer some time weeding. Let me know what time and I’ll be there.

XXX

August 01, 2021, 07:17 AM

I was going to get in touch to offer some time weeding. Let me know what time and I’ll be there.

I can get out there by about 9.

XXX

August 01, 2021, 09:05 AM

I can get out there by about 9.

I can do that. Meet at north loop trail entrance or elsewhere?

XXX

August 05, 2021, 06:55 PM

Aug 2021

Thanks to Rwill for joining me to trim the North Loop. It is nearly complete.
    If you can help:

The unfinished section of trail is clockwise from the Barlow entrance towards the connector.

There is a tree down that will require a chainsaw not far from the Barlow entrance going counterclockwise.  There was one more small one further on, but it can be dragged off the trail by first riders.

The connector was recently mowed, but I don't know what the state of things are on the South Loop.

XXX

August 05, 2021, 10:23 PM

I will see about getting to the remainder of the north loop early next week if no one else gets there first.

Who is in for south loop? Maybe we could get a work and ride together sometime?

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 06, 2021, 05:49 AM

I've been picking away at the south loop. I'm about 3/4 done. Should be able to finish it up one night next week.
    Thanks for doing the north loop guys.

XXX

August 07, 2021, 02:36 PM

Sounds great guys. I'll be out of town next week, but am looking forward to being able to ride the farm soon.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 10, 2021, 05:51 AM

Finished up the south loop last night

XXX

August 10, 2021, 07:48 AM

Great. I`m still planning to finish out the north loop sometime in the next few days.

XXX

August 13, 2021, 11:29 AM

North loop finished!

XXX

June 21, 2022, 04:09 PM

Please join me in trimming the Farm next Tue. morning 6/28/22. Looking to start early.

XXX

November 08, 2022, 06:29 PM

I blew leaves off of both loops.

south loop needs a saw in two spots.

North loop needs a saw in half a dozen spots.

XXX

November 10, 2022, 01:40 PM

Trees are cleared from both loops. Let’s ride!