•  

Thursday Night Rides! Meet at CamRock Garage. No-drop. Ride at 6p.

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 18, 2014, 11:54 PM

Wow what a perfect night for Thursday Night Ride! It does not get much better than this. 60's and the temp dropping. Cool pockets in the woods. The dirt on the dry side of tacky. One of those night you could push it as hard as you wanted. Or slack off and enjoy the perfect evening. I did some of both.
    Rode alone some. Met up with some folks and rode. And helped some wayward riders get orientated on their first-ever ride at CamRock. Turned on the lights and rode a little longer.
    The post-ride beverages and a sammich on the patio of CamRock Sport were a perfect way to end an awesome evening. And a great way to get the weekend started early ;)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 18, 2014, 10:37 AM

It should be a great night for a ride! The weather is perfect. Nice and cool for riding, and the dusty trails of summer are gone. Nice and tacky.
    Though fall light is creeping in for sure. Sunset is about 7 bells now. So riding past 7:15 to 7:20 starts to get pretty dark. Plan for lights if you want to get a long ride in, or plan to be back getting a beverage by 7:30. Either way works for me :D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 29, 2014, 02:04 PM

Man it was perfect out there last night! The dirt was the perfect amount of moisture for traction. Not dry or damp. Pushed it real hard on some downhills and corners just for fun. I only could get the tires to break a little once, and I was trying pretty hard :)
    The art show for DreamBikes afterward was really cool too. An amazing diversity of bike art, collectibles, etc. Very cool.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 26, 2014, 09:56 PM

It should be a great week for the Thursday Night Rides! And as an added bonus this is going during and after the ride: https://www.facebook.com/events/690636251010278/

Free music and art! Of course food & drinks will be available as always. Of course if you throw a few bucks in to support Dream Bikes that would make you a cool cat 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:58 PM by TheMayor1 »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 21, 2014, 02:14 PM

Pretty bummed.....

After a many-weeks hiatus from family vacations, work, and kiddo duty, I was really looking forward to finally being back at the weekly Thursday Night Ride. But with this weather forecast I don't see how that is going to happen. Let's hope they are completely wrong. If so I will see you tonight! If not, well there is always next week :P
    Though the ground is dry and soak up a lot of rain, it is not stopping and looks like it won't stop for awhile. Let's hope next week brings better weather and we can get back to regular rides on Thursday nights!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 21, 2014, 07:45 AM

Pretty bummed.....

After a many-weeks hiatus from family vacations, work, and kiddo duty, I was really looking forward to finally being back at the weekly Thursday Night Ride. But with this weather forecast I don't see how that is going to happen. Let's hope they are completely wrong. If so I will see you tonight! If not, well there is always next week :P

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 17, 2014, 04:01 PM

It is going to be another absolutely perfect night fort the Thursday Night Rides. I hope a lot of folks can make it out. It was an awesome ride last week. Lets keep it going.
    I have to be a good dad tonight, so I have other commitments. But Derek from CamRock Sport is planning to be the de facto leader tonight.
    That means the kitchen and beer cooler should be open late..... :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 11, 2014, 10:11 AM

A really great night last night! A great group of prolly 35-40 riders!? I never stopped to count, but it was a lot!

Heck even Abby Strigel was out to join us! Who knew she was a great technical rider? And people say that racers don't ride technical features and only want to go fast. Well she made it look easy enough that you know it was not her first time on/over them!

With the dedication, the pace was a bit slower and more relaxed. Even a few PBR's were passed around! A lot of fun for everyone involved. It was great to see a lot of new folks out just having fun on the trails. And a really nice little dedication to Justin Lenz on the Man Down feature. Huge thanks to Josh and Dave for making this happen. This was stepping out the box a bit (not hte building, the talking) and they both did a great job! Many kuddos 8)

And afterward there was much more fun had at CamRock Sport. We even had a couple of riders step up to the Open Mike, grab a guitar, and belt out a couple of tunes. Nice Job! I think the libations helped :)

Anyway, the best Thursday Night Ride yet, and a great way to kick off the weekend. Hope to see you out here next week! Same bat time. Same bat place ;D

Hopefully we can get a picture or two up here soon. I never took my camera out, lots of photos were taken.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

July 10, 2014, 03:49 PM

Bring bug spray!
    XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 10, 2014, 02:53 PM

It is going to be a glorious night to be riding! You just can't ask for better weather :)

LarryS: I would ride the Connector trails if you feel a need to warm up. Or maybe just ride the gravel from Cambridge to Rockdale and back. A loop around CR II is also very enjoyable. Lots of options.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 10, 2014, 02:13 PM

New to MTB, thought I'd try Camrock tonight, may see folks at the group ride.       What CR trails are the best for getting warmed up?   Turns for the sake of turns bug me  ;) but hills and rock gardens OK.    For context, so far, starting to get the hang of the Brown and White trail at the Kettles.

XXX
    JHenry

July 09, 2014, 09:01 AM

We will end at CR sport and the PBR will be flowing!
    XXX
    JHenry

July 07, 2014, 01:43 PM

A double of the post over on the General section:
    This is weather dependent, as we want to make it a dedication and ride, with a little celebration of life as well. If the trails are closed we will reschedule. It is looking good for this Thursday the 10th.

Some may have seen by now the plaque on the re-worked entrance feature to The Outback. We have named the feature Man Down in a memorial to Justin Lenz. For those who did not know Justin, or know about him. He was a person that was getting involved with CORP through a lot of volunteer effort. He had particularly gotten involved with some of the big TTF Crew projects. Unfortunately his life, along with one of his good friends, was cut short by an avalanche in Colorado. Here is a short story on it:http://www.channel3000.com/news/at-least-one-skier-killed-in-a-co-avalanche-was-from-wis/24516376

We want to do a dedication of the feature that we have named in his honor. It will be on the Thursday Night Ride this week if the weather holds. As usual meet up at CamRock Sport at 6 bells. We will ride the trails to the feature. Then do a very short dedication. Then some more riding. There will be a little celebration of life after the ride either back at CamRock Sport or across the street at the CORP garage. Maybe both!
    XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

June 26, 2014, 12:33 PM

Sounds good.  I'll see you tonight.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 26, 2014, 11:27 AM

2 questions for tonight:
    1. Is the meeting point still CamRock Sport or is it moving since the creekside trails are closed?
    2. I'm not sure how early it gets dark in the woods right now.  Is a light a good idea?
    We will meet as always at CamRock Sport. Just a quick 3/4 mile ride on gravel to get to the first open singletrack at CamRock I.
    Sunset is not until almost 9p. Dark is not until well after 9. So unless you are riding well over three hours they should not be needed.
    I will plan to be back to CamRock Sport before 8 for beers and a sammy.

~ Chuck Hutchens