•  

Fat Bike questions

December 13, 2018, 04:08 PM

Thinking of getting a fat bike - which trails in which parks are either groomed or biked enough to be suitable for fat biking in winter?   I know there are some at BlackHawk - how about Quarry Ridge or Pleasant View?  Anyone have a used fattie about 20" for sale or for test trial?

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

December 14, 2018, 06:20 AM

Thinking of getting a fat bike - which trails in which parks are either groomed or biked enough to be suitable for fat biking in winter?   I know there are some at BlackHawk - how about Quarry Ridge or Pleasant View?  Anyone have a used fattie about 20" for sale or for test trial?

Fat bikes are like monster trucks. You can ride them most anywhere and any time. As long as we don't get lots of snow at once, you can ride them on all the trails. When lots of snow happens CORP has groomers at Blackhawk, Pleasant View, Cam Rock,  Quarry Ridge, Blue Mound, Seminole, and then snowshoes and bike traffic take care of the rest.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

December 15, 2018, 08:36 AM

My wife and I rented fat bikes at Machinery Row before we bought a second fat bike from from them. The area has lots of great shops but that shop, Motorless Motion and Budget are same company, CORP sponsors and we've had good experiences with those shops whether it's product or service. Farley 5 is what we rented from them. It stood out as being as nice when it was snowy as it was for general riding.