•  

Mini Skid Steer Training Scheduling

dburatti
    Builder of trails. Rider of bikes.

March 15, 2013, 01:56 PM

Edited on 03/17

Though I did not want to go this route for organizational purposes, since I haven't seen anything put on a calendar, here is a summary of dates:

April 6 - 7 = Camrock workday

April 13 - 14 = Camrock machine work

April 20 - 21 = Quarry Ridge workday (Dewayne available)

April 26 - 28 = Dewayne unavailable

May 4 -5 = Middleton workday (Dewayne potentially available)

May 11 - 12 = Quarry Ridge machine work

May 18 - 19 = Blue Mounds Workday (Dewayne unavailable)

May 24 - June 3 = Dewayne unavailable

June 8 -9 = Camrock machine work

D

~ I love my job!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:18 AM by dburatti »

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

March 16, 2013, 09:49 AM

I'm good for the April 13-14 weekend. Chuck needs to confirm though. Keep in mind that the CR work weekend could get bumped to this weekend if we don't get some warmer temps soon.
    XXX

March 16, 2013, 11:53 AM

That looks like it will work for me, quarry ridge can take May 11 and 12.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 16, 2013, 08:49 PM

Dwayne and I talked last night. We will try to make the April dates work. Weather permitting of course.
    With three weeks to go the snow biking is still going strong. We need to get the ice and snow melted, the ground thawed, and the mud dried in that time. It might be a pretty tall order. The next full week is all below normal temps again.
    But you never know. This is Wisconsin. The weather changes every time the wind blows. So lets make plans and see what happens. We will make adjustments as needed.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry

March 30, 2013, 12:45 PM

Given the work weekend shifting around. Are we still on for the 13th and 14th at CR?
    XXX
    dburatti

March 30, 2013, 02:05 PM

Given the work weekend shifting around. Are we still on for the 13th and 14th at CR?

I'm down with doing the machine work the same weekend IF 1.) the volunteer workday is not in the same area, and 2.) of course, the conditions are good for it.

D

~ I love my job!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 30, 2013, 08:42 PM

CamRock machine training is still on for the 13th. CamRock Spring Fling is the 20th and 21st.
    Lookin' forward to it!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 01, 2013, 09:48 AM

Just noticed that the Quarry Ridge spring workday got bumped by camrock to May 11 and 12 without anyone telling me... I guess that works for me, but that is also the weekend of the skid steer training. I think this will only work if saturday is the workday and sunday is the skid steer since all the leaders want/need to be trained on the skid steer. This reduces skid steer time in half, assuming Dewayne was planning on coming out for both days originally.

Dewayne, thoughts on this? I guess we could make one of the days training and the other you could just crank out some bench cutting? Of course that requires a lot of trail to be cleared of brush, which I was planning to get done over the entire April 20 and 21 workday weekend, which as I said has now been taken by CamRock. Just trying to figure out how to make this work.

Thanks,
    Tom

XXX
    dburatti

April 01, 2013, 10:58 AM

Tom,

We can do it over two days and have whoever wants training to be available for a brief orientation and then get an hour or so of machine time.  The others, when not running the machine, can do the volunteer work. 

Originally, I didn't think it would be the best idea to have the general volunteer workday the same day as skid steer work, but we can make it work.  If we don't, we're looking at mid June before we could make it happen.   :o

D

~ I love my job!

XXX
    JHenry

April 01, 2013, 12:13 PM

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

April 01, 2013, 08:48 PM

Just noticed that the Quarry Ridge spring workday got bumped by camrock to May 11 and 12 without anyone telling me...

No the workday has not been fixed, these are suggested options.  This has been under discussion for about two weeks but since you removed yourself from the Basecamp notifications you've not been aware that we need to adjust the work schedule due to the slow spring.  Also a careful reading of the post will demonstrate that I have suggested two options and perhaps a dialog is in order to determine a viable weekend.

~ i like social d

XXX

April 02, 2013, 12:44 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize I was removed from basecamp notifications, I'll go fix that. Since it was on the schedule I assumed it had been finalized and I had missed the discussion somewhere.

Thanks,
    Tom

XXX
    dburatti

April 24, 2013, 07:42 AM

So, we're still on for May 11 - 12 = Quarry Ridge machine work but do not have Camrock's machine work rescheduled yet.  At this point, it's looking like it'll have to happen in June unless it happens during Blue Mounds' workday.

D

~ I love my job!

XXX
    JHenry

April 24, 2013, 12:11 PM

I think we only have the weekend before and I think I'm open for that time.
    XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 24, 2013, 12:17 PM

I think we only have the weekend before and I think I'm open for that time.
    It is Emory's birthday, so I can't commit to being there the entire day. But I should be able to be there for the lions share of it. What we get done should get well ridden in quickly!

~ Chuck Hutchens