•  

Might want to think about an entrance bridge at Quarry Ridge this season

April 11, 2013, 10:18 AM

We got lucky last year with hardly any rain, making the entrance into the trail system doable.  The wash out area here will be full of water for a while and muddy for a good chunk of the of the season.  Pics are from today.

[attachment deleted by admin]

~ Burn rubber

XXX

April 11, 2013, 01:21 PM

Is this from the side of the parking lot? I thought that entrance was to be abandoned?

XXX

April 11, 2013, 01:49 PM

correct, but up further you still have to cross that river to the right to get into the trail, that is part of the new entrance, which was part of the old entrance.  Back in the day, the two old bridges ended up where you see that pallet in the pic, it was real bitch hauling those back into place!

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

April 11, 2013, 02:04 PM

correct, but up further you still have to cross that river to the right to get into the trail, that is part of the new entrance, which was part of the old entrance.  Back in the day, the two old bridges ended up where you see that pallet in the pic, it was real bitch hauling those back into place!

Exactly.  A completely new line of singletrack  was cut in last year to replace the original entrance that vanished years ago underwater, that goes to exactly the same crossing.  That crossing is intended to be a primary trail entrance/exit.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

April 11, 2013, 07:05 PM

Ok, yeah totally forgot about that. Even when it's dry that's not the most fun crossing, so I'd be in favor of something :)