•  

TTF work @ QR

JM

March 15, 2012, 12:43 PM

With the weather getting warmer, The crew will be out @ QR coating the wooden berm. We will have the trail closed until it is dry at which time the trail steward will determine when he wants to open the line. Please be respectful of the caution tape and the trail closure so we can finish this feature for you guys to rip! On another note for QR we will also be replacing the big sister so that line will be closed for a couple of days this spring and we will be putting ladders on the little sisters as well.
    Thanks
    JM

XXX

March 22, 2012, 05:12 PM

JM - when were you thinking of doing that work on the new wood berm? I'll be out there this weekend walking the trail with a rogue hoe doing some drainage work and pin-flagging the new entrance loop.

XXX

March 22, 2012, 05:32 PM

I could probably come out too if you guys need help
    Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX
    JM

March 26, 2012, 10:18 AM

As soon as the weather stays dry for a few days.

XXX

March 26, 2012, 11:36 AM

John, can we think about adding another steeper tier to the new wood feature similar to the feature in the picture attached? (although maybe not quite as extreme) A lot of people have talked to me requesting this.

It would provide challenge and be a lot of fun without taking away the easy route.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

March 26, 2012, 12:27 PM

Would it still line up with the berm following it?
    XXX

March 26, 2012, 02:18 PM

I think so, with some modifications.

XXX

March 26, 2012, 02:23 PM

That picture looks like the I-5 collonade park in Seattle. Had the chance to check out that park last spring, pretty cool spot with some really great features. Also really neat in that it developed a pedestrian corridor between two parts of the city that were previously separated by the sketchy area under the highway.

I'd be up for adding a steeper level to the feature. There is definitely the opportunity for more speed we have the flexibility to adjust the subsequent berm if needed. We should take some measurements and look at it in person when we go out there to finish the surface of the existing feature.

XXX
    JM

March 26, 2012, 02:42 PM

Have you guys riden it yet?

XXX

March 26, 2012, 02:57 PM

Yep, rode it with both a session and a fuel ex yesterday

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

March 26, 2012, 03:54 PM

Is there going to be dirt up to the exit from the wooden berm or is the little drop off the end just part of the ride?  It looks a little sketchy as is coming off at an angle and headed into a berm the other direction but I have not tried to ride it yet.

XXX

March 26, 2012, 04:02 PM

We'll make sure that it is not sketchy, I think we'll be adding dirt but haven't ridden it yet myself.

XXX
    JM

March 26, 2012, 07:45 PM

I left it that way on purpose, It is after all an advanced trail, little hip to change of direction. YAAAAAAAAA Baby!!!!!!

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

April 02, 2012, 10:54 AM

Any guess on when the new wood berm will be open for riding?  I'm excited to give it a shot.

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

April 02, 2012, 12:33 PM

The coating should be here any day now but the weather will decide for us. I'm not sure about the temp range but the cure time is 72 hours.