•  

Updates

March 18, 2012, 01:54 PM

William, Pat Remington, Wes, and I met out at blackhawk yesterday to flag and approve the xc loop we're putting in. It couldn't have gone better. Both the trail and how we're getting it done are planned out. Wes has access to the tractor and we can use the other tools they have available.

Rough plan right now is to clear all corridors, then get a ditch witch for a day and do as much of the digging as we can. Updates will be posted here but other than that the best thing everyone can do is get a membership and get out there to ride! Only 20$, 10 for students, on the blackhawk website.

We've really got a good thing going here, lets keep it up!

Tom

XXX

March 20, 2012, 10:30 PM

wes went over the plan with me this evening.  can you say AWESOME!

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 27, 2012, 11:22 AM

How is this shaking out? I am quite exciting for something going on out there finally! I know the old boys that setup the DH stuff built some awesome stuff out there last year.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

March 27, 2012, 11:54 AM

As soon as we've got time we can get to work basically. I have spring break next week so I'll post when im going out there to cut trail here

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 27, 2012, 01:38 PM

Is there any pre-work that can be done by some able bodied folks such as lopping and raking?

XXX

March 27, 2012, 01:46 PM

Yep, although we also have weed wackers with blades and chain saws at our disposal so that might be faster. When are you looking to start? I can meet sometime this weekend to show you what has to be done, although it would be best if we could get a big group out there to start.

Thanks,
    Tom

XXX

April 08, 2012, 07:58 PM

Yo yo guys,
    Had some free time today, buffed out the Deer Run, fixed some turns.  Its super fun and now flowy. Go check 'er out. Let me know what you think/what should be different.
    -Ben

XXX

April 08, 2012, 08:08 PM

We also buffed out the ravine trail last week. Still needs some work but its getting there. When would be a good time for a big workday on the xc loop? Next sunday?

Sent from my motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

April 08, 2012, 09:50 PM

Rode out there yesterday getting a tour of the place.  Needs lots of blow off and tires on the trail to firm it up.  Get your $10 or $20 summer membership and ride.

~ i like social d

XXX

April 08, 2012, 11:13 PM

Nelson, we just missed you out there but talked with david a bit. We should have a very good xc loop going in soon.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

April 10, 2012, 02:45 PM

We talked at great length about CORP coming on board and guys like Will and Nelson being on the board at the Chainsmokers meeting last night. Its pretty darn exciting stuff. We are planning on heading out there as early as this week to blow off the leafs and sticks.

Looking forward to working on this with ya'll this year.