•  

Dawley Park community meeting tonight!

JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

August 07, 2013, 01:24 PM

Greetings,

Dane County Parks and the City of Fitchburg hosted a public information meeting in August of 2012 to solicit ideas and gain feedback on a proposal to create mountain bike trails within the Lewis Nine Springs E-way west of Seminole Highway.   Dane County Parks and Capital Off Road Pathfinders (CORP) have since prepared a draft mountain bike trail layout plan that is now available for review. A public information meeting to review the draft concept plan will be held on Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the Prairie View Room at the Fitchburg Community Center, 5510 Lacy Road, Fitchburg, WI  53711.  For further information about the upcoming meeting or the draft plan (attached), please contact Chris James, Dane County Park Planner at 608-224-3763.  Please forward this email to any others who may be interested,Thanks Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

August 07, 2013, 01:26 PM

I'll be there. Anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

XXX

August 07, 2013, 01:34 PM

I'll be there.

XXX

August 07, 2013, 03:48 PM

I will be there too.  First, will attend the Board meeting for the Friends of Cap Springs Rec Area.

(FYI, please refer to the site as the Seminole MTB Trail.  Dawley Park is in the City of Fitchburg.  Seminole is strictly in Dane County land with a tiny sliver of City of Madison at the Badger Trestle.  Dane County Parks has sole jurisdiction, which should greatly improve probability of moving forward.)

XXX

August 08, 2013, 06:18 AM

Great meeting with good support for the trail. 

If the trail becomes reality, count me in for any activities out there.  This would be a great place for family rides and I think local residents will like the improved access to the area.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 08, 2013, 11:14 AM

I would love some feedback on the perception of DCP for moving forward? I was hoping to make it but it did not get out of Beaver Dam until after 8p.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 08, 2013, 03:47 PM

Josh, Nick and I attended.  The meeting was very positive and we are moving forward, but there are some neighbors with significant concerns.  I drafted a summary report and I am waiting for Dane County to review/approve before posting it on the forum. 

We invited the neighbors to visit Cam Rock, see the single track trails, and see how we can accommodate multiple users.  We also invited the neighbors to walk the IMBA-designed trail once it is flagged (likely this winter, when the leaves are down) to see how close the trail is to their properties.  Dane County offered to install a 4-ft high wire fence along the property lines if requested.

Neighbors with kids were very supportive and want to get involved.  Best quote of the night, "This would be great to get my wife back into mountain biking."

More to follow.