•  

Can Rock Open 10/16/14?

Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

October 15, 2014, 10:31 PM

Anyone local to Cambridge got a feeling about whether the trails will be open by late afternoon Thursday (tomorrow)?

Post up if you have any info!

Much appreciated!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 15, 2014, 10:39 PM

It's a tough call with over 2" of rain and three solid days of just saturated conditions.
    I am going to try and get out to check the trails early in the am before I have to hit the road for work. I will post up if I get out there.
    It might depend on weather we see sun tomorrow or not.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

October 16, 2014, 06:26 AM

Thanks Chuck!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 16, 2014, 02:38 PM

Sorry for the delay in posting Nate. My plans went to heck before 7a this am. Did not have to get on the road. But still have been unable to get out there.
    I am going to go with OK, as the sun is finally out. But I know you will use discretion. For others reading, if you are leaving any more than a tread mark on the trail anywhere on the trail it is too soft/muddy to be riding. You should never leave a mark maybe other than a small puddle collecting water that needs to be fixed.
    I would start at the CR3 area. That will be the dryest. Next up would be the Connector and Expert Woods. The creekside Connector trails will be the wettest.
    Have fun out there!

~ Chuck Hutchens