•  

Trimming

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 27, 2016, 11:25 PM

I started trimming at the parking lot and made it almost to the the prairie. I hit the jumps, though some of the burdock was too much for the string trimmer and someone may want to go back with a lopper and/or shovel. Did not do the pump track. There is string and gas in the shed if someone wants to pick up where I left off.

XXX

July 03, 2018, 03:49 PM

Early this year the power line and prairie connector segments at PV looked as though they were mowed with a rider. Was that us or did we ask the golf crew to do that. It needs doing and if there is a lawn tractor to use then that would be so much more efficient that a string trimmer in the open areas.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 03, 2018, 04:08 PM

I'm not sure who has done anything this year, but definitely not golf crew.  In the past we have done it with a walk behind brush trimmer, and we may have gotten Middleton City crew to do it once.  Easiest might be to borrow the walk behind string trimmer from BH.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 06, 2018, 07:48 AM

The city hit the pump track and I think some of the prairie, unless you hit the far prairie, Lucas.  Everything in the first woods area (jump line, elevated features, etc.) still needs some love, but otherwise in not terrible shape.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 01, 2018, 10:03 PM

We had enough help at the storm cleanup workday to get some trimming in.  I'm not sure if Rick made it all the way to the prairies, or just shy of them.  I know the section after the prairies needs some work, but otherwise in decent shape.  Should be the last time of the year if someone has a chance to get out there.  Thanks, Rick!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 06, 2018, 09:52 PM

Trimming would be helpful from the rock features just east of the first prairie, through the prairies (they aren't terrible, but could use a quick pass with the weedwhacker), and through the wooded section just west of the prairies.  This should be the last time this year.