•  

Overlode

MyCow

March 12, 2017, 01:41 PM

I was bored about 10 this morning so I decided to walk Overlode. I should have ridden it. The conditions were perfect! Three trees down between the Overlode trailhead to the Service Rd.. Two definitely need chainsaws, the third is kinda hanging there. One down near the first creek crossing, the one that was recently rebuilt last year. One down at the bottom of the loose rocky descent near the loop. One down right before the bridge also if I remember correctly.

I think even at this temperature it's about 95% rideable. Even around 12:30 the only slick spots were on the south facing slopes. Everything else was dry as a bone and looked nice and fast. Might be a chance to get a ride in before the snow tonight and tomorrow.

XXX

March 13, 2017, 03:50 PM

I started around the mound. I only got a half mile in before my rear brake pads self destructed. But, the riding was good while it lasted, with no mud. Go and get it before the sun turns the mound to slush again. Tails were technically closed when I arrived, but the folks at the entrance gave the go-ahead based on the above report and were going to open up the gate.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk