•  

Friday April 27th 2012: Signs of things to come.

Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

April 27, 2012, 07:05 PM

The next step in the trail signage project was accomplished today. I loaded posts in the Gator, and drove out to the nearest locations on the ski/hike trails. Then I walked the posts out to the points shown on the attached map.

Some kind person(s) installed a number of posts on the trails before I started working at Blue Mound. E1, and F1-F5 are already planted at the spots shown on the map. I plan to have the remaining posts installed and have signs attached by the end of this year.

Walt

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:07 PM by Walt Hougas »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 27, 2012, 10:35 PM

Hey Walt. I would love to talk to you about this project sometime. We are undergoing a similar endeavor at CR as well this year. Seems amazing to me as three years ago we had almost no signage. Now we have great signs, but they are  not good enough! We need to improve for EMS coordination and extraction capabilities. I feel like my parents saying things are changing too fast :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

April 28, 2012, 06:17 AM

Hey Walt. I would love to talk to you about this project sometime. We are undergoing a similar endeavor at CR as well this year. Seems amazing to me as three years ago we had almost no signage. Now we have great signs, but they are  not good enough! We need to improve for EMS coordination and extraction capabilities. I feel like my parents saying things are changing too fast :)

If there's anything I can offer, I'd be happy to coordinate with you.

Walt