•  

Sweaty Yeti

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

March 02, 2012, 06:12 PM

Anybody heading up to the Sweaty Yeti. Kinda on the fence, wondering what the roads are going to be like in the morning.  150 miles at 40MPH would suck. If I go, anyone want to ride along, call 669-1648.  :-\

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

March 02, 2012, 11:39 PM

I'm going to pass but if conditions look good tomorrow I'll be riding locally for sure.

XXX

March 03, 2012, 12:07 AM

Where will you be riding? I wanted to get out too.

XXX

March 03, 2012, 10:30 AM

Plans are forming for a late night ride, 10pm, not sure where yet, probably  quarry ridge. I am thinking quarry  park for some day  shenanigans. does noon at qp work for anyone else?

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 03, 2012, 10:57 AM

I'd be up for a late night ride! Going skiing this morning/afternoon to take advantage of the snow. Give me a shout if this goes down.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

March 03, 2012, 09:36 PM

Too late probably, gotta watch my siblings anyway. Wish I had remembered to check back sooner! Next time though

XXX

March 04, 2012, 12:56 AM

Rode at quarry park mid day today, conditions were perfect, no other tracks were to be found but after i'd been there for a bit a group of 5 other riders, two on fat bikes, showed up but I didn't know any of them.

I just got back from a couple of laps with Jin at Quarry Ridge, really nice out there too and surprisingly there were no other bike tracks that we saw.  Going up requires hiking, but the down hills are a blast and the sandy bowl area is completely untracked.  We'll be out there later in the day on sunday most likely, it's too good to pass up. BTW, hitting the big wooden wall ride would be quite the feat in the snow, it is rather slippery.