•  

Bikes, Beer, and Brats Sat June 6

Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

June 07, 2012, 02:38 PM

CamRock needs to get ready for its big date.  Like any decent party girl, she needs some grooming, areas need to be reworked/supported, and the shrubbery needs to be trimmed.  Come help CORP get ready for the Battle of CamRock and enjoy a post-work group ride and free beer and brats. 

We will meet at the CRIII parking lot at 8:00 a.m., play in the dirt for a couple of hours, and then hit the trails for a couple of laps.  This will be a no drop ride, and riders of all experience levels are welcome--especially newbies.  Cookout at the shelter to follow.  For all of our new members, this is a great chance to get involved in the club, meet a bunch of cool folks, and have some fun.  Family/friends welcome.

Please post up if you plan to attend as I need a rough estimate for the food/beer.  Also, I could use a volunteer to work the grill, as cooking is not my forte.

Also, a reminder that we still need volunteers for the water stop and finish line for the Battle of CamRock next weekend.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:53 PM by Tim Barber »

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

June 07, 2012, 08:11 PM

Count me in, but I'll probably have to split by 1. Hopefully I can fill my belly before that!  ::)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 07, 2012, 10:26 PM

So we got sa nice little crew forming for Saturday. I count Aaron, Bonner Tim and myself so far. Who else wants to come out for a little trail work, a nice group ride and finishing it off with some free brews and grub hangin' with your fellow riders at CamRock! Should be a great time :D

And don't be shy if you can't make it then, or can only make it for part of it. There is a lot of work anyone can do to get ready for the big race day. After riding tonight, we have lots of mowing, trimming and blowing before she is ready for that big date in a week.

We want CamRock to shine for her big date. It looks good for CORP, and hopefully brings more races and racers here in coming years. That looks good for CORP's budget. If you want CORP to buy tools and machinery to spend less time building/maintaining and more time riding, this is a big part of how we get there. Success with the Battle of CamRock race means success in CORP's budget. Success in CORP's budget means more $ to buy tools and equipment.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 08, 2012, 05:15 AM

I'm planning on being there.

If you get any more tools and equipment out there,  you're going to need a bigger closet to fit them in.

XXX
    Andy
    Cupcake

June 08, 2012, 09:47 AM

wish i could make it...i'm going to the stinkin' brewers game :/

~ Two wheels, one dark lord.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 08, 2012, 01:04 PM

I'm planning on being there.

If you get any more tools and equipment out there,  you're going to need a bigger closet to fit them in.
    We just might be working on that............. ???

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 08, 2012, 01:07 PM

wish i could make it...i'm going to the stinkin' brewers game :/
    Plenty of other stuff that needs to be done Andy! We won't get it all done tomorrow morning. We only have so much mowing/trimming equipment to go around.

Let me know any time and I will hook you up to get you the tools needed and point you to a spot to contribute.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 09, 2012, 06:58 AM

Looking forward to seeing lots of folks out on the trails today. Any questions on the BBB give me a call at 772.7833.

Later.......... :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 09, 2012, 11:42 PM

Looking forward to seeing lots of folks out on the trails today.
    Well we definitely saw a lot of people out on the trails today. Tons of folks pre-riding the course for the Battle. The parking lots were jammed all day long.
    Not so many folks for the Trail Day. But the five of us got to it and accomplished all we needed to get done in about three hours. We had a great  hard-working crew on a hot day.
    The ride afterwards was a great group-ride. Lots of fun. Lots of good-natured jabs handed out.
    And just when I was completely gassed. Back to the CamRock 3 shelter where Tim and his wife had the grill going. The brats were hot.  The beer was cold. The BS was flowin'.
    After a couple brats and four very tasty micro-beers, when The Mayor arrived back at the Hutchens' Haus there was a nice nap to be had on the hammock. It was a perfect day for it.
    The only disappointments of the day is that more folks didn't come out and join in the fun. And that I am not good at documenting the fun for posting pictures later.
    Life is good 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

June 10, 2012, 06:35 AM

next time,  drill weekend for me thus no fun to be had....

~ i like social d

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 10, 2012, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the update.

I left ready for work 'n ride and found I had to fix safety issues at bike park or somehow close it. Jon M came from Janesville and it saved the day to have help and somebody who agreed with what had to be done.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

June 11, 2012, 09:48 AM

I think it is fair to say that a good time was had by all.  Many thanks to my wife, who was gracious enough to drive all the food and beer to us so it would still be cold. 

Wish more people had turned out, but that means I have lots of left over beer and munchies to bring to the Battle next weekend. 

Best part of the day:  the "elite" racer who rode straight into one of the logs on Veritas (making no attempt to lift his front wheel) and had to walk his bike over, who then proceeded to complain that the elite race course was not "technical enough."

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

June 11, 2012, 09:50 AM

Best part of the day:  the "elite" racer who rode straight into one of the logs on Veritas (making no attempt to lift his front wheel) and had to walk his bike over, who then proceeded to complain that the elite race course was not "technical enough."

Oy.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 11, 2012, 09:52 AM

Oy.
    Thank God for people like that to bring a laugh and perspective to the rest of us. Definitely the highlight of the day.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 11, 2012, 10:20 AM

I wanted to thank the guys for the great ride and waiting for me! It's nice to see how other people ride stuff and gives you a little incentive to try new things.

My favorite comment from our 'elite' friend was about CamRock being more of Cyclocross race now with the added double track. That being after the wheel-log incident of course.