•  

Last Snow Ride!: Cam Rock Sunday Morning?

March 03, 2012, 02:48 PM

I'm thinking I'd like to take advantage of this late snow to hit the trails at Cam Rock tomorrow morning.  I could really use some guys on fat bikes to pack the snow down for me,

So, is anyone up for a ride tomorrow morning at 10am?

XXX

March 03, 2012, 09:21 PM

I plan on hitting the trails in the morning but 10am is a little late for me.  I hope to be in the saddle by 6:30-7:00am.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2012, 09:28 AM

I think I got the last ride in of the year. Just got off the trail. The "Trails closed when muddy" signs should be up this afternoon.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 06, 2012, 02:48 PM

I think I got the last ride in of the year. Just got off the trail. The "Trails closed when muddy" signs should be up this afternoon.

Packing in the riding season before the season starts!!  I thought Beans was lazy!  :o

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2012, 03:06 PM

Packing in the riding season before the season starts!!  I thought Beans was lazy!  :o
    Just for fun I went out and got a couple of last ski's in as well. At least the XC ski is done for now. Alpine is still good to go 'til March 1st.
    Good to have a pair of rock skis. Got off the trail around 1:30. You could see the snow melting. Areas I skied one lap I had to walk 1/2 hour later.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

March 06, 2012, 03:13 PM

...Alpine is still good to go 'til March 1st...

It's March 6th ???

XXX

March 06, 2012, 08:02 PM

If this is the end of the winter season, then I saved my best rides for last.  I got in 8.5 miles in on Sat. afternoon and then another 16.5 miles Sun. morning.  That put me just over 200 miles of singletrack from December up till now.  I can't remember the last time I spent this much time enjoying the outdoors this time of year.