•  

Bike Dane Event at CamRock on July 7th. - Volunteers needed

Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

July 02, 2012, 11:34 AM

We need some volunteers to help people drop off there bikes at Heather's before they drive to CamRock Sport then float down to Heather's to pickup their bikes and ride back to Cambridge.

Volunteer Jobs:

Grab bike and hand a ticket to owner. Take identical ticket and tape to bike handlebar. They will use their ticket to get their bike back after exiting canoe/kayaks.

Help people get out of canoe/kayaks at Heather's

Give people guided tours of CamRock Trails.

CamRock the Trails
    Recreation
    Bike Dane event, 10 am-2 pm, 7/7, CamRock County Park, Cambridge, with guided bike trail tours, free canoe/kayak rentals, family activities. 423-2111

When: 07/07/12 @ 10:00am
    Call: 423-2111
    Web: www.countyofdane.com/lwrd/parks

More Information:
    Saturday, July 7th
    10:00 am-2:00 pm
    CamRock County Park
    CamRock County Park is located in eastern Dane County, between the Villages of CAM-bridge and ROCKdale.

Experience the trails at CamRock County Park: -Koshkonong Creek Water Trail
    - Rockdale to Cambridge Bicycle/Pedestrian Trail - Mountain Bike Trails

1. Drop your bike off on the south end of CamRock County Park, right in the Village of Rockdale. There will be a secure area for bikes. Drive or walk to Cambridge (about a 2 mile walk).
    2. Canoe or kayak down the Koshkonong Creek (FREE rentals available courtesy of event sponsors) start-ing on the north end of CamRock County Park (the north end of CamRock County Park is next to West Side Park in Cambridge and is also right behind CamRock Café & Sport, 217 W. Main Street) and ending in Rock-dale. Most people take between 1 and 2 hours to paddle this stretch.
    3. Grab your bike and join the Capital Off Road Pathfinders for guided tours of the beginner level mountain bike trails. The trail pass will be waived during the event!
    4. Ride your bike or walk back to Cambridge along the bicycle/pedestrian trail that runs through CamRock County Park.

There will be volunteers that can answer questions and help you at both ends of CamRock County Park.

Family-friendly event. Beginners are encouraged!
    You can start at any time between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. FREE Canoes & Kayaks will be available from Cam-Rock Café & Sport. You can reserve a canoe or kayak ahead of time by calling CamRock Café & Sport at (608) 423-2111. Canoes and kayaks will also be available on a first-come first-serve basis if you do not have a reservation.

Bathrooms and water are available. There are restaurants in Rockdale and Cambridge for great food.

This is a kick-off event for Dane County Parks to highlight biking and trail systems within our county parks. Including guided tours of mountain bike trials, free canoe / kayak rentals and information areas at both ends of trails in Cambridge and Rockdale. Free family friendly event all are encourage to come canoe, bike and enjoy the outdoors in CamRock Park. No cover. for more information 608-423-2111 www.visitcambridgewi.com

XXX

July 05, 2012, 12:25 PM

i am 98% certain i can be there . when and where do we meet ?

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

July 05, 2012, 01:45 PM

Be at the Heather's by 9:30AM. I'll setup a tent near Heather's.

Tom

XXX

July 05, 2012, 03:15 PM

I am fairly certain that I will be able to come help as well! Will give you a definite tomorrow.

XXX

July 05, 2012, 11:17 PM

I'll be gone on a family vacation

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

July 06, 2012, 07:12 AM

I'll be riding in the Wausau area this weekend. Hope the event goes well.

Walt