•  

Trail Conditions Key

January 10, 2017, 02:07 PM

Hey Webmaster type (whoever you might be!)

If its techinically possiblie, it would be nice to have a sticky post or at least a link in the trail condition reports of a key to what the various colors mean.  I know the summer ones, but the winter ones are less obvious and I don't seem to be able to find anything indicating what they are.  I suspect others might have the same problem as will new users.

Thanks!

~ Singlespeed - Its all about the motor, not the transmission

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

January 10, 2017, 05:31 PM

Good Point. The posters for the Trail Conditions see the descriptions for each color. But if you looking at the Conditions page then there is no descriptor or key for what each color means.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

January 10, 2017, 08:16 PM

It's there on desktop browsers if you hover over the icon.  But you're right, it's not intuitive on mobile devices, or if you aren't a trail conditions reporter.  I'll look into addressing it, thanks for the feedback.

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

January 10, 2017, 11:31 PM

I've made some changes to both the Home page and the Trail Conditions page.  Hopefully this helps.  I'm not sure how useful the weather links are, and I think a Map link to the trail head, and/or link to MTB Project maps might be useful.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

January 12, 2017, 08:19 AM

Gary I think the idea of a link is a great idea. I would vote for an mtb projects link. Great for anyone coming through or new to the area.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

March 15, 2017, 05:53 AM

Hey Webmaster type (whoever you might be!)

If its techinically possiblie, it would be nice to have a sticky post or at least a link in the trail condition reports of a key to what the various colors mean.  I know the summer ones, but the winter ones are less obvious and I don't seem to be able to find anything indicating what they are.  I suspect others might have the same problem as will new users.

Thanks!

So one other thing we learned is that there was a <* gasp *> bug in the code, so only folks who had the authority to report trail conditions saw the indicator description on the trail condition details page. This was corrected some time ago.

I very much like the idea of a legend, or maybe even a full description of the trail condition indicators, for those so inclined to read it. I think something like that would be helpful for everyone.