•  

Go ride!

December 24, 2013, 07:37 AM

I spent a few hours with the grooming shoes on last night. Go out and ride so we can pack in the trails.

sent from my Smarterthanme Phone

XXX

December 31, 2013, 10:49 PM

Bump!

Trails are solid.  Hit 'em up!

sent from my Smarterthanme Phone

XXX

January 02, 2014, 08:36 AM

thanks Nick, I rode right after you had snow show'd and it was still pretty washy. I'm headed out again today, these temps are a pain though. cheers.

XXX

January 02, 2014, 01:36 PM

I snowshoed almost all the trails last night and chopped back some branches. Trail look great.

XXX

January 02, 2014, 03:46 PM

saw that, looks good guys, thanks for the snowshoeing, trails are nice, only had to walk the steepest part of the new climb.
    get some!

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

January 02, 2014, 08:52 PM

Sweet photos

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

January 07, 2014, 01:40 PM

This weekend should be good for riding!

XXX

January 10, 2014, 11:58 AM

Trails were perfect this morning.  Careful if you hit the DH jumps on the downhill- look first- my front wheel stuck in like quicksand on the landing and flung me... I deserved it though.  If more people ride this line I'll pad the landing down with a shovel so you can jump the fatty!

XXX

January 11, 2014, 09:25 PM

Thanks to everyone who helped groom the trails, they were fantastic on Friday morning!  Does anyone know what conditions are like after the recent warm weather and freezing rain?

XXX

January 12, 2014, 11:48 AM

There's a term used in skiing/snowboarding to describe snow conditions that are so great you can completely screw up on the hill & still recover/carve a nice line.  I think it transfers over to fatbiking quite well as the snow can really make or break a ride.

HERO SNOW!  That's what Quarry Ridge has today!!  Get out there & ride it!  All the trails are packed quite nicely & everything if very fun to ride!   ;D

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

January 12, 2014, 02:25 PM

Just curious as I am out of town. But isn't it to warm to ride today? At least this afternoon? I skipped a ride this afternoon in Eau Claire because it is 38 degrees.
    I would think with these temps it would be mashed potatoes and any traffic is going to be leaving ruts on the groomed surface. I didn't want to be that guy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

January 12, 2014, 03:38 PM

Just finished a ride at BM...3:38 PM and the weather app says 43°...it was awesome. Hard packed and traction like velcro.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

January 12, 2014, 08:15 PM

Interesting the difference in snow conditions. At Seeley in Friday it was very soft conditions. Hard mashed potatoes? If not for the Summit group ride the trails would have been closed.
    I think the difference between having snow packed solid to the dirt(our trails) vs. having a packed crust over a deep snowpack? Up there they have so much snow if you step off the trail you are going up to your waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

January 14, 2014, 08:40 AM

I wasnt able to get out there this weekend but one thing to note about qr, it's mostly shaded where the trails, this might help them from turning into moosh. It was super windy here too so that might have also helped.

anyway, I'm shredding today at noon, 2-4" of fresh snow should be fun!

XXX

January 14, 2014, 12:08 PM

I'll be there tonight around 8:30.