•  

Quarry Ridge is awesome right now -- frozen clear trails

December 29, 2014, 10:00 PM

My son and I went out today.  It was fantastic.  The ground was completely frozen.  Though I could see a few ruts from when people rode when it was soft.

It was a really great ride.  Someone needs to mark the trail as open on the train conditions tab.  I checked that before riding and noted that the report was weeks old.  Other trails were open with more recent reports.

Get out there before the snow flies, it is a tons of fun, super fast and actually pretty grippy.  It's like you're riding on sandstone.

Corey

XXX

February 05, 2015, 08:21 AM

stomped most of the lower loop last night w snowshoes, everything needs tracks to be riding nice again

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

February 05, 2015, 08:59 AM

I will try to get out and put some wheels on it at lunchtime, if I can motivate myself in the cold this morning.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

February 05, 2015, 01:25 PM

All bets are off, needs a major stomping party.  One guy was out snowshoeing it at lunchtime.  I didn't get far with a bike at all.  Seminole is also unrideable.
    Does anybody have any good recommendations for some beginner snowshoes good for trail stomping?

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

February 05, 2015, 01:53 PM

Does anybody have any good recommendations for some beginner snowshoes good for trail stomping?
    No recommendations, but I have lots of cross country skis.....trails in fantastic shape and fast :D

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

February 05, 2015, 04:55 PM

Beginner snowshoes?  It's just walking.