•  

Portable TTF Plans

April 28, 2020, 04:39 PM

Not sure if this is the correct area to post but here goes.
    I recently introduced my 3 year old to the pump track at Quarry Park.  She was sad this morning since she couldn't go for the 3rd day in a row due to the trails being closed.  I explained to her why it's important to not ride when the trails are wet after rain.  It was a good lesson.
    This got me thinking of how to get some practice at home.  I know CORP has the portable TTF's for events and I was thinking of building something similar for our yard.  Does anyone have plans that they could share?
    Thanks.

XXX

May 08, 2020, 03:08 PM

Trying to bump this since I've actually got time to build something.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 10, 2020, 02:06 PM

I believe most if not all of those were built by Nick who moved out of state.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 10, 2020, 06:54 PM

Sorry, Sasquatch, I missed your original post. 

The stuff we have is all hand-me-down, so no plans, but it would be very easy to copy.  I'd be happy to show you what we've got and you can figure out what you want to build;  you can even borrow some to use while you work on yours.  PM me and we can work something out.

XXX

May 13, 2020, 04:49 PM

Augs, could you start by taking some pictures?  I'm looking to start with a roller of some sort. 

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 13, 2020, 09:31 PM

The first photo is of our rollers; those I actually did build.  I can't remember if I winged it or found plans online, but they worked out pretty well; they definitely pump well and are holding up.  There is plenty of information online, but you have to wade through alot to find useful stuff.  I can get you the critical measurements pretty easily. 

Second photo is of the adjustable skinnies we inherited, which also work pretty well.

XXX

May 14, 2020, 04:23 PM

Those are great starts for my plans.  I'd definitely be interested in the critical dimensions for the rollers as that's what my daughter seems to enjoy the most.  I have been wading through things online but, like you said, it's tough to find a good consensus on dimensions.
    Thanks again.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 16, 2020, 07:46 AM

Those rollers are 12" tall and about 6' long.  Sides are 2"x12", decking is 5/4"cedar decking.  Set them up so that there is about 8' between peaks and they pump really well.  They are made  in 3' long symmetrical pieces, so that they are easy to carry and nest nicely for storage.  These are 21" wide, which is pretty good for kids riding slow and makes them easier to transport, but they get surprisingly narrow looking when you are going fast; if I were making some that didn't have to be moved or stored I'd probably make them 30" wide.