•  

Can't log in for Worklog

Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 06:42 AM

So I've made lots of progress on the work log. I think it's ready for some testing.

Gary, would you be willing to help with this? There are two entries for blue mound that I see on the old work log that are not in the new one. Could you do the data entry on these to test it out and see how things are working?

Once you add these rows they should be marked with you as the reporter and as such you should be able to edit and / or delete these rows. Trying out all that would be a really good test. The data for the two rows is below.

Trail   Date   Names   Total Hours   Description

Blue Mound   2013-10-26   Gary S   4   Cut a tree near the end of Over Lode and one towards the end of Holy Schist. Cleared leaves off Pokerville.

Blue Mound   2013-10-23   Gary S, Walt   4   Cleared leaves from Over Lode trail.   

http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?action=worklog

relucantly posted via tapatalk free on my android mobile device

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 08:06 AM

Speaking of testing, I could use someone else without defined security to add edit and delete records. You should be able to add anything and edit and delete your own records. You should not be able to edit or delete anyone else's records.

Nelson, as an administrator you should be able to add edit or delete anyone's records. Could you give that a test too?

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

November 05, 2013, 08:50 AM

once i figured out how to do it, yes I can edit the worklog

~ i like social d

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 01:53 PM

Heh, I think I broke it.  I can't add any more records now.  I get "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: nextid", which is what I got when I tried to delete a heavily edited entry.  It completed ok (the record is not there after refreshing the page).

Single quotes get escaped to \' and then don't get unescaped on the form when displayed or edited.

Tested HTML, seems to get stripped properly.

The "Edit Requested" and "Delete Requested" and "Delete Prompts" may be over the top.

Nothing else to note so far, but didn't get to test further.

XXX
    Gary S
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 01:55 PM

Rick, sorry I didn't see your post before I started messing around with hit, hence I did not add those two rows.  I can do it later but right now I can't add or edit or delete anything (because I'm not marked as owner of any of the older entries).

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 05:43 PM

wow. that is some fine testin', tex!

I'll look at apostrophes, they are the bane of web development.

You should always be able to add rows, it's edits and deletes that are owner or admin restricted.
    Does this now work for you on a fresh visit to the page?

any chance you have a set of reproducible steps to cause the thing to jam up?

XXX
    Gary S
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 06:03 PM

No that's what I was saying, I can add rows. " The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: nextid".

I'm not sure exactly what I did to break it. I was trying to do edits with invalid formats, like characters in the hours field, so I was using the back button a lot. I think the nextid is trying to get the id of the row that I'm entering, but since the it's not able to insert it, it's failing?

I can test it more if you figure out what's wrong with inserts.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 06:35 PM

I can reproduce the insert error. I'll take a closer look tonight.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 05, 2013, 08:38 PM

I can reproduce the insert error. I'll take a closer look tonight.

Inserts are fixed.

single quotes need some attention.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 06, 2013, 10:12 AM

Work log additions have been corrected. The apostrophe (single quote) issue has been wrestled to the ground as well. Who's up for some testing?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:13 AM by Renegade Rick »

XXX

November 06, 2013, 10:27 PM

I just looked at the worklog for the first time in a few weeks. Nice improvements. I like how you can go back and edit things, and easily see if someone already entered your name for work you did together. The popup calendar is also great. There were a lot of old entries that had the wrong date format and were disorganized.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 11, 2013, 04:03 PM

I deployed the new version to production. If you notice any issues please let me know. Thanks!

(enthusiastically posted via tapatalk free on my android mobile device)

XXX
    Gary S
    Administrator

November 12, 2013, 08:07 AM

Looks great, Rick. Thanks for your work!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 12, 2013, 11:16 AM

Yes this is looking like a huge improvement. Thanks for the effort you put into it Rick!

~ Chuck Hutchens