•  

Trees are down on the new climb

madnordski
    Biking on smile power

June 22, 2014, 05:42 PM

The trails were mostly rideable in the late afternoon today.  There were a few avoidable wet spots.  There are two trees  down across the trail on the new climb.  It will probably take a saw to remove these and open things up again.  There is also a spot on the return, near or on the beginners loop, where a tree is partially blocking the trail.  More rain is on the way so this tiny window of cautious riding is about to close.
    XXX

June 23, 2014, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the report. How big are the trees? Can you give me more specific locations so I can send out someone to have them removed? You can PM me if you prefer.

Jeff

XXX
    DosNiner
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

June 23, 2014, 06:51 PM

I went out and cleared most if the trees today. One left on south side uphill that requires a chain saw

Mike H

XXX

June 24, 2014, 12:14 PM

I went out and cleared most if the trees today. One left on south side uphill that requires a chain saw

Mike H

Thanks! I'll check out the uphill tonight.

XXX

June 24, 2014, 11:33 PM

I took out 3 trees, including that one across the trail, with a hatchet tonight. Trails are clear enough to ride and should be dry for the Wednesday ride.

XXX
    madnordski
    Biking on smile power

June 25, 2014, 06:02 AM

Wow, very impressive chopping.  Fifty yards prior to where the beginners loop joins the main loop return there is a tree leaning over the trail.  If you're really ripping it could surprise you.  You'll know your on it because it comes right after the choice to ride around or narrowly between two trees.  Unless jeffb has kindly chopped this down as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

XXX
    madnordski
    Biking on smile power

June 25, 2014, 06:04 AM

The leaning tree is 4 to 5 inches in diameter.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

XXX

June 25, 2014, 01:52 PM

I didn't go through all of the trail last night and I was planning to ride the trail to find the other obstacles. I think I missed that one. There are some tangled trees all over that I'm going to have the City take care of once they slow down from the storms.

I like the hatchet, it never gets stuck like a saw, and you can watch things move instead of being surprised when a tangled tree falls down on top of you!

XXX

July 30, 2014, 09:56 PM

bump for a tree down on the green loop closer to picnic bench side.

XXX

August 03, 2014, 11:53 AM

Removed on July 30 before this was posted!