•  

Weekly Fatbike/Snow Ride @ Seminole 8pm

You must be logged in to vote.
    Use the menu in the top right corner to log in or sign up to become a new user.

Poll

Which evenings work best for people?

Mon
    2 (28.6%)
    Tue
    2 (28.6%)
    Weds
    3 (42.9%)
    Thu
    0 (0%)
    Fri
    0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed:
    December 02, 2014, 04:28 PM

November 18, 2014, 04:28 PM

We are looking to get regular Snow Bike Rides going this Winter at Seminole. Which days work for you?

If we get the trails packed in, a regular bike should be fine.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

November 18, 2014, 05:25 PM

Great idea Nick!

XXX

November 23, 2014, 08:07 PM

This warm/rain spell has put a damper on riding for the time being. I will post up when we start doing weekly Winter rides.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 23, 2014, 08:27 PM

Just an FYI: I plan to continue the weekly rides at CamRock on Thursday nights all winter. Weather permitting of course.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

November 24, 2014, 02:45 PM

Just an FYI: I plan to continue the weekly rides at CamRock on Thursday nights all winter. Weather permitting of course.

Not sure what the total snow fall is gonna be today but I was curious about the grooming stuff.

XXX

December 02, 2014, 06:29 PM

I was planning to ride tomorrow night after the temperature drops and things firm up.  Has anyone been out there (or to QR) recently and can comment on if there are any icy spots?

XXX
    g

December 03, 2014, 08:50 AM

I was out there last night and the trail was very icy. May have to wait for snow until it is rideable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXX

December 03, 2014, 09:30 AM

That's what I was afraid of - may try studded tires.  This is too bad since a bit of snow on ice scares me more than just ice.  Hopefully the warm weather will melt it off more before the next snowfall.

In any case, thanks for the heads up!!

XXX
    g

December 03, 2014, 11:16 AM

That's what I was afraid of - may try studded tires.  This is too bad since a bit of snow on ice scares me more than just ice.  Hopefully the warm weather will melt it off more before the next snowfall.

In any case, thanks for the heads up!!
    Just to clarify this was at Camrock but I can't imagine it would be much different.

XXX

December 03, 2014, 03:03 PM

I walked the inner loop with my kid last weekend and then a bit on Tuesday.  Very icy.  I don't want to ride it.  Quarry Ridge is not as icy but has more exposed trail that I imagine gets muddy later in the morning. 

XXX

December 03, 2014, 07:25 PM

So ended up riding both loops at Seminole and also almost all of QR.  I would not have wanted to ride without studs and even then, there were definitely some difficult icy/rutted sections.  QR was quite a bit better, but in some ways that almost made it more treacherous since I think it's easy to get over confident, and there are icy sections there too. 

XXX

January 16, 2015, 04:29 PM

Is this still going to be a thing? I would be interested in a weekly night ride around Seminole, weather and snow permitting...

XXX

January 19, 2015, 04:13 PM

Work schedule and snow/weather conditions have made this year kind of a bust. If we get some snow again or at least freezing temps. We'll start this.