•  

CamRock Trail Posse 2017, The Awakening

rkmears
    Newb Dirt Guy

July 25, 2017, 02:55 PM

I live on the far East side and would be willing to step in wherever needed for trimming. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 27, 2017, 06:21 AM

Alright folks: All of the equipment is back in operation and ready to go. The trails are closed (for now) so you can't ride anyway. And just about everything  I rode the other day could use some trimming. The tall stuff is really getting top-heavy and falling onto the trail. That said, the next week to 10 days looks like some perfect weather. so lets get things trimmed up for some awesome riding!

This crazy wet and hot weather has really led to some amazing growth this year. I have seen it wet before, but not for anywhere near this long. The poor trails along he creek have barely been above water. And the rest of the trails have hardly been dry. Has anyone seen any dust this year? Anyway, the good news is that no matter what the growing season will be over within a month, so the burden really backs off then. After that just a little leaf blowing. Easy peazy  ;)

Thanks again for all of your hard work to keep the trails in order. This has been a heck of a challenging year for sure. Your efforts have been exemplary and have not gone unnoticed. You are the rock stars of CamRock!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 05, 2017, 02:21 PM

I'm heading out for a ride, will try to get creek trails mowed after. Will be using the mower and maybe hedge trimmer around 4 or 5

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

XXX

September 04, 2017, 10:42 AM

Tree down on outback bypass yesterday. I don't think it was down Saturday.

I won't be able to make it back out there with a saw for a few days, thought I'd post it here

XXX

September 04, 2017, 11:58 AM

I removed it Monday morning.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

September 12, 2017, 09:32 AM

An FYI for all the Trail Posse Folks. There is going to be a Collegiate Mountain Bike Race at CamRock on September 23rd. If you could get out and check your areas for trimming that would be awesome. It would be great to have things in good shape for the folks coming from across the Midwest. I recall the Connector could use a trim both ways. Not sure about other areas. Os a bonus this will for sure be the last rim need of the year. You have all been doing a bang-up job this year and it is really appreciated!

The Collegiate race will be using most of the park other than the creek trails. They will set the course next Friday the 22nd, and the park will be closed to the public Saturday until about 2p.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

September 17, 2017, 08:48 AM

Crud, I was going to mow my sections this morning, but the DR was being repaired.   Not a problem, because it was a beautiful morning for a bike ride.

But, I'll probably need help.  My week is pretty busy, so its doubtful if I can get there anytime this week.

XXX

September 18, 2017, 10:52 AM

I don't know if the wors race section is needed for the collegiate race, but it's blown off now (I was using it nearby, figured it wouldn't hurt). Could use some trimming though on the lower section.

I forgot the extra string for the hand string trimmer in my car last night, I'll try to drop it off this week, just wanted to give a heads up if anyone needed it

XXX

September 18, 2017, 09:33 PM

I trimmed one side back while doing some work tonight, but I ran out of gas on my way back up.  Both sides of the upper field section are trimmed back.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

September 19, 2017, 11:27 AM

Crud, I was going to mow my sections this morning, but the DR was being repaired.   Not a problem, because it was a beautiful morning for a bike ride.

But, I'll probably need help.  My week is pretty busy, so its doubtful if I can get there anytime this week.
    The DR is repaired again and ready to go! If you can confirm that you can or can't get back to it before the end of Friday that would be awesome!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

September 19, 2017, 11:30 AM

So where are other folks out there? I have not ben able to ride in a bit. I want to get an idea of what is needed before the race prep on Friday. This will definitely be the last push of the year for trimming. Just some leaf blowing to finish off the year after that. Thanks all!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

September 19, 2017, 11:44 AM

I will not have time this week to mow from the Roundabout north to IMBA Influence.
    Scott

XXX

September 20, 2017, 06:11 PM

I'm off on Friday to spend time with my newborn daughter, but can get out in the morning to help if needed.

XXX

September 20, 2017, 07:10 PM

The DR is repaired again and ready to go! If you can confirm that you can or can't get back to it before the end of Friday that would be awesome!

I was able to get out and mow my sections (Mayors Meander and Would Chuck).  The DR ran and mowed like a dream.  :)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

September 21, 2017, 06:59 AM

Thanks for getting after that! It is really appreciated. Rode it with the CamRock team last night and it was perfect.

I was able to get out and mow my sections (Mayors Meander and Would Chuck).  The DR ran and mowed like a dream.  :)

~ Chuck Hutchens