•  

New Trailhead Work

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 12, 2019, 03:28 PM

The summer of 2019 will bring a relocated trailhead to the Pleasant View trails.  There will be some inconvenience over the summer, but in the long run we'll have a much better set up.  We'll post updates as work progresses.  Let us know if you have questions.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 03:45 PM by augs »

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 12, 2019, 03:32 PM

You can see the proposed plan here: https://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=4086.0.  It is liable to change a bit, but this is the general idea.  Details on the new pump track are being worked out, but were working hard to make it an all-weather surface; construction of it is planned for 2020.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 03:44 PM by augs »

XXX

April 21, 2019, 06:41 AM

Thanks for the update!  In the mean time, is there access (by bike) off of Hwy 14?  I see the road that starts at OW storage, and could easily follow it and get to the trail, but I wanted to check if there was any official access agreement before charging ahead.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 21, 2019, 08:10 AM

There is nothing official.  Some land needs to transfer ownership to build the road, I'm not sure if that has already happened or is in the works.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 13, 2020, 09:26 PM

So obviously, the new trailhead didn't get built in 2019.  The plan is to get it in in 2020, and those plans are moving ahead during the pandemic.  Hopefully things resolve themselves in such a way to have that realized.  When it goes in, we're hoping to be ready with plans and funding for the new pump track; keep an eye out for opportunities to help!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 13, 2020, 09:54 PM

A little inspiration from our friends in La Crosse:

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

November 19, 2020, 02:29 PM

I  couldn't find a map of the new plans out in public anywhere, though I think they are somewhere.  Anyway, here is the concept.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:36 PM by augs »

XXX

May 07, 2021, 04:02 PM

What do y'all think, is 2021 the year for the replacement pumptrack?

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 08, 2021, 07:56 AM

What do y'all think, is 2021 the year for the replacement pumptrack?

Maybe.  I keep waiting until something is confirmed to post an update, but I'm not sure there is anything truly confirmed until it happens, so here's where things are now.  The access road and parking lot for the new trailhead are almost certain to be built this year; funding is in place, the plan is approved, and it is in the final stages of permitting.  These things are never a sure thing until they are done, but construction should start relatively soon and be complete mid-summer. 

That is the first step to getting the pump track built; we need access for equipment.  We have substantial funding for the pump track, so that's not an issue; the size and design may change if we can raise more money, but we are in a place to make something happen.  The main complication will be shepherding it through the municipal bid/build process, which it must go through since Middleton is providing funding.  The issue centers on the fact that all of the pumptrack builders are design/build firms, and municipalities aren't too keen on that model; they prefer to have a design that they can put up for bid.  This shouldn't stop it from happening, but it will slow it down.  There are solutions to most of the issues, but they often rely on third parties and coordinating several people's busy schedules.  Can we make it happen later this summer or in the fall?  That's the goal, we'll see what we can do.