•  

2021 Pleasant View Group Rides

April 21, 2021, 01:06 PM

Spring seems to be upon us and more and more people are getting out riding. We would like to restart the Pleasant View group rides of the season. Current plan is to meet up on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Capital Brewery beer garden. Rollout from there at 5:40 pm to ride Pleasant View (which has new trails!) and likely some portion of Blackhawk as well. Then likely back to the brewery for a beverage for those who are able and interested. Usual format; no drops and riding at a group friendly pace. All are welcome.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:08 PM by augs »

XXX

April 22, 2021, 08:06 AM

Sorry I should have been more specific; the Pleasant View group rides will resume NEXT WEEK (week of 4-26). No group ride today, although it does look like a good day for one. I`ll be out, so should you!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 26, 2021, 01:58 PM

I'm in for 4/27 if the rain holds off.

XXX

April 26, 2021, 06:16 PM

I'm in for 4/27 if the rain holds off.

Same.

XXX

May 04, 2021, 04:15 PM

May 4
    What do we think still soft or dried out enough by 5?

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 04, 2021, 04:21 PM

If I were a betting man, I'd say yes.  Unfortunately, I can't make it, but I think Randy will be there.

XXX

May 04, 2021, 09:58 PM

I was there but did not see anyone; did I miss you? Went out for a ride, and although things there just dry enough to not be doing much damage, it was still quite wet. Very slippery in the corners. Thursday!

XXX

May 05, 2021, 04:19 PM

I was there but did not see anyone; did I miss you? Went out for a ride, and although things there just dry enough to not be doing much damage, it was still quite wet. Very slippery in the corners. Thursday!

No, I had already emptied the tank on a long road ride

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 06, 2021, 12:00 PM

With single track closed, I'll aim for a conservancy/gravel or maybe two conservancies in one ride loop.

XXX

May 09, 2021, 10:28 PM

Weather looks pretty solid for 5/11. Hope to see some people out there!

XXX

May 10, 2021, 02:15 PM

Weather looks pretty solid for 5/11. Hope to see some people out there!

Yep looking good. I will be there.

XXX

May 10, 2021, 09:20 PM

An important logistical note about the PVBH / Capital Brewery group rides:

Although masks are not required for riding or hanging out in the beer garden in general, they ARE required to approach the bar / buy beer.

XXX

May 11, 2021, 12:26 PM

I'll be there too.  My first official group ride this year.  Just to verify, per Facebook we still roll out of Capital Brewery at 540? (Unlike last year when we only met at the trailhead)

~ Singlespeed - Its all about the motor, not the transmission

XXX

May 11, 2021, 12:46 PM

Correct, we will roll out from Capital beer garden at 5:40 pm. Meeting at the group at the trailhead is still possible for those who prefer, just plan on being there a bit before 6:00 pm. We usually hang at the trailhead for a second on arrival to see if anything else shows.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 13, 2021, 08:29 AM

I'm likely in for tonight (5/13).