•  

Weekly CamRock Kids Ride

Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 07, 2012, 09:52 PM

One of the things Chuck and I have already started to talk about is putting in a beginner loop out to CamRock this summer as well is continue to improve existing trail.

With this I would like to gauge if Kate and I were to organize and lead a weekly kids ride for those of roughly 10 to teens would anyone be interested in this. This would be entirely free of charge, you just supply the kid, bike, helmet, water bottle. We would work on basic riding to navigate a downhill to riding a small trail feature.

Overall we would like to start small and as we see the interest and feasbility grow it from there. I know Blackhawk has had interest in this as well so maybe we could alternate locations each week as well. Kate and I have helped run something like this up north and would like to see the same thing happen for the kids around here because they are truly the future of our trails and the sport as a whole.

Shout at me if you are interested in any way. If sufficient interest is there I will take this to a few folks that I know would sponsor this program and begin to design the program and waivers needed to keep everyone safe and having fun.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 07, 2012, 10:03 PM

This would be awesome Dave  8)
    I know of one almost 10 year old who would love to join in!
    I can also get in touch with the local middle school teacher who has been holding classes at CR the last few years. I am sure he would help get the word out!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 16, 2012, 10:00 PM

I also think this is a great idea!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

March 16, 2012, 10:58 PM

One more saying it's a good idea.

Blackhawk has not organized anything official yet and anything going on elsewhere can be broadcast to the Blackhawk families.

I'll offer to help including offer to ride with kids on the Wednesday rides already planned if that would mean some parents could get a fast ride in and then the post ride can be a club and family event.

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 17, 2012, 06:43 AM

I'll be working on the formal stuff this weekend like waivers and the like. I actually am hoping to do this on a Tuesday or Thursday as it works best for me. The other thing that you could help with Will, I want to alternative weeks between Blackhawk and CamRock. I think this would be helpful for parents and kids alike to be able to make more less. At BH I would want them to waive any fees for kids or make it very minimal. Once BH says ok to having a program out there every other week I can make a schedule and distribute to shops and stuff.

With that said would CORP be kind of the face of this? Just so when I make up promo materials and the waiver it has CORP as the dudes making this awesomeness happen. I'm also going to hit the local shops for sponsorship of this as there is nothing like it in town.

I'm glad there is positive response to the possibility.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 17, 2012, 02:44 PM

Sounds awesome Dave!

I will try to get involved in these as much as my schedule allows. I will even contribute a some of my own genes to the rides  ;)

I can also help getting the word spread locally in the schools, etc. My sons go to the elementary school, and I am good friends with the middle school teacher who runs the summer Cambridge summer school rides.

~ Chuck Hutchens