•  

Capital Brewery Rides 2016

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 16, 2016, 08:18 PM

Every Tuesday and Thursday the Capital Brewery Bike Club has road rides starting and ending at the Bier Garden.  Occasionally, we will be joining them, at least for the beer afterwards.  We'll be heading out from the brewery at 5:15.  It is about 10 minutes by bike path to the pump track at Pleasant View.  These are no drop rides, so all are welcome.  We may split up into smaller groups if the numbers warrant it.  We'll ride the trails at Pleasant View, and for those with the legs and the membership ($25 cheap, http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org/membership/registration/), Blackhawk.  There is always live music, a food cart, and something to drink when we return.  Heckling roadies is optional.

Dates are Thursdays 6/2, 7/7, and 8/4 and Tuesdays 6/21, 7/19, and 8/16.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:30 AM by augs »

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 31, 2016, 06:04 PM

This Thursday will be our first ride of the year.  Music is Thistledown Thunder (http://thistledownthunders.weebly.com), food is Greek St food cart 
    (https://www.facebook.com/greekstreetmadison/).

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 01, 2016, 10:05 PM

It looks like trail building progress and weather will be in perfect alignment.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 18, 2016, 11:10 AM

This Tuesday 6/21 is go.  Looks like great weather, so come check out the progress at Pleasant View.  We had a great time last time; a dozen or so riders, we sort of organically broke into a couple smaller groups, and messed up our re-union by everyone independently deciding they needed one more run down Howling Wolff.  But we found each other in the beer garden, so it worked out okay in the end.  See you there.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 29, 2016, 08:55 PM

The next ride was scheduled for 7/7, but that is also the Not2Bad premier at the Barrymore, so we've moved the ride to 7/14.  Hope to see you at both events!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 18, 2016, 09:13 PM

We're on for tomorrow evening, get a ride in before it gets hot.  5:30 we leave the beer garden.  Come see how much more trail is open since last week!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 02, 2016, 09:42 PM

We'll back out there this Thursday, and among the first to ride the newly completed loop at PV.  We leave the beer garden at about 5:30.  It's fun, and the beer will be tasty.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 28, 2016, 08:33 PM

Tuesday August 30 is our last official Brewery ride of the season.  Not sure what the music or food is, but there will be good riding and beer, what more do you need.  We'll leave the brewery at 5:30, and be at the trailhead about 5:45 if you want to meet there.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 30, 2016, 02:45 PM

Middleton got a fair bit of rain early this afternoon, so I don't think the trails will be rideable. Hardly any rain out here in Verona, so I may try Quarry Ridge, but that could be wet, too. Maybe the rain will stop in September.

XXX

September 01, 2016, 11:58 AM

FYI, with the cancelling of Tuesday's PV/BH group ride, I will be riding out of Cap Brewery at 5:30 to do Pleasant View / Blackhawk tonight.  If anyone else is interested, bring your mnt bike!  While I have a Blackhawk membership, I have no permission to allow others to ride there, so if you dont have a Blackhawk pass, we can just stick to a couple loops at Pleasant View.  If interested, just show up and look for the guy with the 3" tires - pretty easy to spot amongst the roadies (or I may still be having a pre- beer in the garden if you get there before 5:20.)

Cheers!

~ Singlespeed - Its all about the motor, not the transmission

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 01, 2016, 08:40 PM

Thanks for leading tonight; hopefully you had a few folks out.  What a great night for riding!  I wouldn't mind getting this up to a weekly ride, or even twice weekly, next year, but I can't commit to leading it that often.  I don't think it has to be terribly formal, but look for some kind of organizing effort next spring.

XXX

September 02, 2016, 08:57 AM

Well, I decided I'm going to ride 20mi+ every day in September, so for the Cap Brewery rides (if the trail conditions permit) I'll happilly lead a group out every tue & thr in Sept.  I talked with Cindy at Cap Brew and shes willing to add it to her mailer and the website thru September if you guys are good with it.

Incidentally, I only intend to run people thru Pleasant View as I assume I cant take them (I bought a BH pass, but most others wont have)  I assume that is correct - or is this sanctioned activity for these rides between Corp & Blackhawk and I can take them there?   I've actually wanted to take others there solo before to encourage them to buy a BH trail pass - but I follow BH's rules and don't do so, even though I've never been 'carded'

~ Singlespeed - Its all about the motor, not the transmission

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 03, 2016, 08:08 AM

That's great; certainly call them official rides, and we will keep things going as long as we can.  As far as BH, play it by ear, and encourage folks to join.  It is a pretty easy sell with the improvements, and there are more in store for the fall.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

September 03, 2016, 10:53 AM

That's great; certainly call them official rides, and we will keep things going as long as we can.  As far as BH, play it by ear, and encourage folks to join.  It is a pretty easy sell with the improvements, and there are more in store for the fall.

Rumor has it Chad will be resuming work there in a long week. Right now there's $7000 on account for around $20,000 of planned work. It's really important for all riders to know the opportunities in our area are only limited by the participation, membership and contributions.

On deck are the learn to jump area and finishing the first re-do trail in the gully that steps up the level of flow trail already done.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

September 06, 2016, 03:32 PM

Last chance!

Last chance to win the camper, bikes and boat in the Capital Brewery Bike Club raffle! CORP benefits.

Last chance for a great trail ride before the rain comes!

Get to the Capital Brewery, buy your tickets, join the ride and be there for the drawing at 7 PM!