•  

2019 Trail Maintenance Updates

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 28, 2019, 10:16 PM

Weeds aren't bad yet, but are going to be before long.  The string trimmer is missing a part; not sure if anyone is on the job of getting that part, but it's part of the connection between the handle and the shaft (see photo); pretty much unusable without it.  So figure on dealing with that if you are heading out.

XXX

June 01, 2019, 03:27 PM

I’m new here but wouldn’t mind helping out with my trimmer if someone were to show me around since I have only been to Sheehan and would be clueless as to where to help at Blackhawk.

XXX

June 08, 2019, 09:54 PM

I could show you around on a Tue or Thur morning. When are you available?

XXX

June 09, 2019, 10:05 AM

I could show you around on a Tue or Thur morning. When are you available?

Hey Creep,

As long as that intro isn’t offensive.

I’d be happy to meet up Thursday morning and check it all out. I can usually schedule any time I need for this a what ever works best for you.

Thanks again

Patrick

XXX

June 15, 2019, 01:31 PM

trimmer handle was back on when I used it on the 13th.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 23, 2019, 03:04 PM

trimmer handle was back on when I used it on the 13th.

My son and I did some upper trimming yesterday when Pat C and his crew said they'd hit the creek area today. We worked on the second machine to get it running better. It's missing a little part that moves the string but is usable. I'll see about getting that part and fixing the string trimmer Kombi head.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 23, 2019, 05:15 PM

Message from Pat Conway:

"4 of us worked 2-hours this morning until the rain came down hard.  We started on the east end of Creek Trail (by ski hill) and worked out way over the boardwalk until all weedwackers ran out of string.  We got a little past the bridge. The walk-behind string trimmer got farther, at least on one side. We re-loaded weedwackers before departing.

We will not be able to assembly another work day until mid/late July."

Thanks, guys.  Looks like we'll need some more whacking in the near term.  Also some de-berming of a couple spots that are holding water.  Post up if you're able to get out!

XXX

June 25, 2019, 07:58 PM

I picked up a couple spares- the metal string lead- I just forgot to install one in that head. They are in a plastic bag with chain file and a few odds and ends that is hanging in the locker.

XXX

June 30, 2019, 09:38 AM

There is a tree down on the connector between East and West chalet. We do need trimming in the woods but especially our bed on the quick run west of the boardwalk. I can’t see around corners when there is mud, and someone had a head on collision there this last week. If you can come out and help, let me know.   I’ll be over at the toolshed at about 1030 today. If you trim in the tall grass make sure that you go 5 to 6 feet on either side so that the grass is not bend over back onto the trail.

XXX

June 30, 2019, 05:10 PM

Tree is cut on connector

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 06, 2019, 08:38 AM

I plan on being out the better part of the day on Sunday, myriad projects in addition to trimming.  I should be out by 9:00.  If anyone wants to lend a hand, the help would be welcome.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 06, 2019, 07:24 PM

Noah Lorman & I worked on water issues and weeds today. There's plenty more work left for Jon's session tomorrow morning.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 07, 2019, 08:38 AM

Noah Lorman & I worked on water issues and weeds today. There's plenty more work left for Jon's session tomorrow morning.

Thank you Ken Barker for picking up where we left off.

A whole lot of work remains between Blackhawk and Pleasant View. Please consider joining us as the trails dry out.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 07, 2019, 10:22 PM

We got a bunch of mud mitigation work done today, and trimmed a fair bit.  Ziggy and The Pines both still want some trimming, and the east portion of Creekside will need another round before long. 

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 13, 2019, 06:52 PM

Noah Lorman trimmed the west side today. The east side needs some trimming between creek and boardwalk.