•  

Connections

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

January 19, 2018, 10:26 AM

Some info on goings-on bike related, though not dirt-trails:
    There is a group in Cambridge working to connect CamRock Park to the Glacial Drumlin trail (see my other post on progress on the Glacial Drumlin).
    They have now hired an engineering firm at the cost of about $12,000 to look at the options available to make this happen. There are many options on the table at this point all the way from off-road trail to using some roadways.
    They would like to connect through the Cambridge Winery as the Winery is putting in a 2 mile trail through the vineyards. The Travis Haas distillery is also on the same property and is partnering on this path as well. So connect from Cambridge to the Winery/distillery. Then through the Vineyards and the new development there, then north through land the Cambridge Foundation owns, and from there north to the Glacial Drumlin is the part to be determined.
    They are determined to make this happen sooner than later, even if there is a temporary solution now to get a connection made, and  keep working toward a more family-friendly long-term solution of a nice off-road path in the future. '
    Anyway, that connection will be awesome as a complete connection to both Madison and Milwaukee by bike. And with the expansion of the CamRock trails there is a lot of excitement going on in the biking world in Cambridge!
    Let me know or post up if you have any questions, you have ideas, or if you want to get involved.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

January 19, 2018, 10:06 PM

Sounds awesome, friends have been kicking around the idea of starting in platteville area and biking to waukesha, Cambridge would be a great camping spot with the winery as a highlight

XXX

January 25, 2018, 02:42 PM

Would this just connect off of State Farm Road towards Cambridge? Prairie Drive and State Farm Road are excellent for biking, really the best possible route for bicycles, a quite country road with few cars. Its just the Hwy 134 bit that's a bit sketchy. I just hope they're not trying to create a path to divert around Prairie and State Farm, since that would be wasteful.