•  

Walnut Grove Park Singletrack

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 27, 2022, 09:09 PM

Madison Parks is moving ahead with another phase of the MadBAT system build out, which will be a singletrack loop in Walnut Grove Park on the west side. In addition to being a great asset to that neighborhood and another spot to hop on when you're in the area, it will be a tremendously helpful for the Madison Memorial NICA team, who will gain an excellent practice spot within riding distance of the high school. Parks is hoping to gather bids with construction in either late 2022 or early 2023.  More information on their website.

There will be an informational meeting (virtual) on Thursday, May 5 at 5:30 pm, with a presentation and comment/question period. It is always good to have some folks there who support the project, please take some time and help more trail get built!

XXX

May 10, 2023, 10:31 AM

Did this project get killed by NIMBYs?

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 10, 2023, 05:53 PM

I’m not sure it is dead, but it’s on life support. There was some pretty vocal opposition.

XXX

May 11, 2023, 02:54 PM

I think Mineral Point Park would be a really good alternative westside location. It's smaller than Walnut Grove, but way closer to the neighborhood schools and more accessible (on a bike path and near the BRT route). I think it's big enough for something like a skills park or dirt jump/pump track. My gut feeling is that there'd be less opposition.

Plus it's an old dump, so it fits right in with our other trails.