•  

Singletracks.com says it's tough!

December 22, 2016, 09:36 PM

Didn't make the top eight technical tracks, but Blue Mounds get honorable mention.   Agree?  Disagree?

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-trails/8-of-the-most-technical-mountain-bike-trails-in-the-usa-according-to-the-singletracks-community/2/

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

December 22, 2016, 09:59 PM

Thanks, I remember seeing that earlier in the year.  Obviously some people agree.  Strangely enough, we're trying to make parts of it easier, but the stuff that's meant to be technical will remain that way.  We're shooting for a nice mix, and an overall unique "Blue Mound" experience that you don't get anywhere nearby.  Thanks again!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

December 23, 2016, 09:25 AM

I have scars on body and bikes from two on that list.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 23, 2016, 02:52 PM

I think it is awesome any time CORP trails get press! Let hope we keep it coming and get even more in the future. And I definitely agree on the rating.
    To me a lot of Blue Mounds is rated hard not really for the difficulty of riding the trail, but the jagged rocks can make the consequences of failure high. Or at least the perception of the consequences is high. Like a lot of the trails on the list, the trails are rated difficult because there is a lot of exposure. A real or even perceived perception of a high consequence for failure.  Some of the trails are truly difficult to ride. Others just have a high failure consequence factor. In my opinion Blue mounds is a little bit of both.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

December 23, 2016, 03:25 PM

Between the lung-busting climbs on Overload and the nasty, jagged rocks everywhere, Blue Mound is too hard for me.  There are a number of spots that I have never successfully rode, and every time I go there I scare myself.  But I love it.  It's a very scenic area, and it's good for the soul to occasionally test the limits of ones physical abilities.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 23, 2016, 03:30 PM

Between the lung-busting climbs on Overload and the nasty, jagged rocks everywhere, Blue Mound is too hard for me.  There are a number of spots that I have never successfully rode, and every time I go there I scare myself.  But I love it.  It's a very scenic area, and it's good for the soul to occasionally test the limits of ones physical abilities.
    Well put.

~ Chuck Hutchens