•  

Two-way Trail Discussion

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 08, 2017, 10:07 PM

A thread to get ideas going on the reduction of the amount two-way trail at Pleasant View.  The fast section just to the west of the prairie section has been pointed out as a particularly sketchy spot.  It would be great to develop a plan and build some momentum to get it implemented.

XXX

May 12, 2017, 02:41 PM

I am more than happy to spend a few evenings during the week flagging, trimming and trail building to create a bypass to make this section one way. We would then need some signs to make it clear that this is one way. There is easily enough room to build a by-pass, colored in green in the attachment.

John O

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 15, 2017, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the offer, John.  I would like to get Dave, the new trail steward, involved in this, so hopefully he chimes in here.  Matt from the city has asked that we run any changes by him and the golf course; I don't see that being anything other than a formality in this case since it has no bearing on them.  Whether they are good with seeing your drawing or want to physically get out there, we'll have to see.  Once we've done that, I don't see any reason not to go for it, and try to recruit some help.

One question to think about:  It would be nice to eliminate as much two-way trail as possible, so do we want to come up with a plan for  that before we start building sections?  Ideally, yes, and if you are interested in working on that you would get some support.  The risk to building this section without that plan is that this may end up not being used in the end, but if you are okay with that I don't think anyone will stop you from digging.

XXX

May 16, 2017, 10:42 AM

Great idea John.
    I agree that this section is an issue for 2 way traffic.

I'll reach out to Matt with Middleton and email you privately about getting this thing going!

XXX

January 03, 2018, 11:16 AM

This might be a good topic for noting in the City's Conservancy Lands Plan update survey:

https://polco.us/surveys/8dbaa071-246f-4ff8-b0e8-7f6f86c68ef6?iid=59e3e9a9-b2e4-4fa8-8914-4431fd636ef4