•  

Thursday Night Rides! Meet at CamRock Garage. No-drop. Ride at 6p.

Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

December 31, 2014, 08:32 AM

I'd be up for something early evening on news years (6ish?)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 25, 2014, 03:17 AM

Pretty sure it does not need to be said, but the trails won't be open for a ride tomorrow night. I was thinking it would have been fun for a Christmas Night Ride, but Mother Nature does not agree this year.
    Next Week Thursday is New Years Day. Also a good day or night for a ride. Maybe bump it up and go during the day instead of at night? Anywho, I will be busy with my son's re-scheduled birthday party that day, so if anyone wants to set something up have at it! A great way to work off the sins of the night before...

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 19, 2014, 01:30 PM

Had a nice ride last night. Thanks to Thom for meeting me at CamRock Sport! Sorry I had to cut it short with a pounding headache, but I guess that happens. I really wished I could have rode more....
    Weather was really nice to be out riding in. A little weird mist and snow coming down, but not enough to even get wet. It was good to get out for a nice night ride.
    Trail is overall in really great shape. Sad to see some of the ruts and trail damage done this past weekend when the trail was closed.
    It looks like the trail may have to be closed again starting about Sunday, so get out while you can.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 18, 2014, 02:34 PM

Any ice out there Chuck?  Regular mtb work based on current conditions?
    For sure. Any bike cna ride rifght now nad have a great time. Though someone with a skinny tired bike was out when it was warm and made some ruts. So you will want to watch for these where a fatty will float right over the. Luckily it is not on the whole trail. 
    I have not found any ice at all. A lot of crunchy dirt. And crunchy raised dirt with ice crystals. Really a unique trail condition right now. Some spots smooth frozen hardpack and fast. Some are crunchy with raised crystals and slower.
    All in all really fun to ride on!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    nor
    Trail Steward - Cross Plains
    Trail Steward

December 18, 2014, 12:47 PM

Any ice out there Chuck?  Regular mtb work based on current conditions?

~ crushing it

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 18, 2014, 11:46 AM

The trail is in great shape for tonight's ride. Frozen and crunchy under the tires. Come on out for a ride under the cover of darkness....
    A beverage or two to follow at CamRock Sport :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 11, 2014, 02:39 PM

No ride tonight. It is a complete skating rink out here. Yikes! The warmth has made the ice uber slippery. It's not safe to venture our without studs, and I think even that would be dicy.
    Sorry for the late notice.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 05, 2014, 08:19 AM

Time to get this ride revised for the winter riding season. I plan to be out tonight. As usual meet at CamRock Sport. Ready to ride at 6 bells.
    Even if there are some soft spots during the day they should freeze up as soon as the sun goes below the horizon.
    Latest report is there is a fair bit of ice. My thought is two days with snow over the ice, and fairly warm daily temps, should have the snow and ice bonded together and take the slippery out of it. We should know if that is true by about 6:15 :D
    A nice ride last night. The moon was full and it was beautiful until about 7:15 when the clouds moved in. Even rode some prairie trail with the lights off. Because it was awesome out there. I love riding in the winter.
    Conditions are variable from hardpack snow and some icy sections. The hot ticket was to air down for the extra traction.
    A really gorgeous night to be riding.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 04, 2014, 08:00 AM

Time to get this ride revised for the winter riding season. I plan to be out tonight. As usual meet at CamRock Sport. Ready to ride at 6 bells.
    Even if there are some soft spots during the day they should freeze up as soon as the sun goes below the horizon.
    Latest report is there is a fair bit of ice. My thought is two days with snow over the ice, and fairly warm daily temps, should have the snow and ice bonded together and take the slippery out of it. We should know if that is true by about 6:15 :D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 10, 2014, 12:48 AM

What an amazing night for a ride! Trails are perfect right now. Hard and fast. Even dusty in places. Air is nice and brisk, without being cold. A full red harvest moon rising as we finished up the ride. Pretty much perfect 8)

And then when we got back to CamRock Sport the Open Mike night was going strong and we were entertained by some really good singers and guitarists to boot. Didn't get out of there until 10 because we were enjoying the night ;D

Hope to see you next week!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 09, 2014, 01:43 PM

It also happens to be CamRock Sport's monthly Open Mike night. So there will be that for entertainment. It also means they will be open until past 9p.

Awesome weather out here! Can;t wait for a nice night ride. I will have to take it easy on my broken rib, but definitely riding!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 08, 2014, 11:45 PM

OK lets try this again. I was out on the trails tonight (Wednesday) and they are perfect! This kind of fall weather is absolutely perfect for riding. Lets get out and enjoy it!

It is going to be an awesome night for a ride! Perfect weather. Perfectly buffed trails. It's getting pretty dark by about 6:30, so you prolly want to bring some lights along. CamRock Sport will be open afterward for food and libations 8)

Hope to see you there!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 24, 2014, 11:50 AM

Doesn't this directly interfere with the CORP Sept. social ride at QR?
    Yeah, it has left me wondering how this is happening. And it has happened two weeks in a row for the Thursday Night Rides. This is the only event listed this week on the CORP Events page, and has been there for months. Somewhere communication is breaking down, and leading to mass confusion.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

September 24, 2014, 11:38 AM

Doesn't this directly interfere with the CORP Sept. social ride at QR?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 23, 2014, 04:04 PM

Let's get a big group out for a ride this Thursday! It is going to be an awesome night for a ride! Perfect weather. Perfectly buffed trails. If you plan to ride for more then an hour you prolly want to bring some lights along. CamRock Sport will be open afterward for food and libations 8)
    Hope to see you there!

~ Chuck Hutchens