•  

Thursday Night Rides! Meet at CamRock Garage. No-drop. Ride at 6p.

March 23, 2017, 11:13 AM

I won't be able to make tonight's ride, but I may head out for a ride in a couple hours on my fat bike. Any updates on the trail conditions? I'm coming from Madison, so I don't want to risk arriving at technically-open-but-bad-to-ride trails.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 23, 2017, 12:43 AM

So last week ended up being an interesting mix of country roads, gravel trail, and doubletrack. But we were all rollin' fatties and having a good time, so all was good. And we got back to CamRock Sport for some fine tappers, BS, and the Badger Game. What more could you ask for in a Thursday Night Ride?
    Well how about rolling dirt for the first time this spring? I do believe that by tomorrow night the trails should be ready to shred. I kid you not! I will be out to check them in the am tomorrow to see how they are coming along. I am hoping they will be open for all riders tomorrow, but stay posted for status updates!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 16, 2017, 11:58 AM

For this week we are riding at 6:30p and fatties only! Riding later for two reasons: We should get back closer to the Badgers NCAA tournament game, and the later time will get us closer to sunset and hopefully some firmer trails. Fatties because trails were good tonight but will likely be marginal by tomorrow. No guarantees what we will ride: It will hopefully include some trail. It will likely include some doubletrack. And if things are worse than expected we might have to resort to some back roads. But there will be some riding. Some BSing. And some game watching. Sounds like a good Thursday Night to me!
    Well this is not the weather I was hoping for! The forecast I saw had cloudy weather most of the day. I have not seen a cloud all day. I think all this sun and warmth means the singletrack riding is likely off for tonight. It could even be too sloppy to ride the doubletrack, but I think there is enough snow that those areas should be OK. If not we can ride a couple of low-traffic roads to get a ride in, and then watch the game. Either way, we will ride something. Shenanigans begin at 6:30  ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 15, 2017, 11:47 PM

For this week we are riding at 6:30p and fatties only! Riding later for two reasons: We should get back closer to the Badgers NCAA tournament game, and the later time will get us closer to sunset and hopefully some firmer trails. Fatties because trails were good tonight but will likely be marginal by tomorrow. No guarantees what we will ride: It will hopefully include some trail. It will likely include some doubletrack. And if things are worse than expected we might have to resort to some back roads. But there will be some riding. Some BSing. And some game watching. Sounds like a good Thursday Night to me!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 09, 2017, 02:15 PM

Is it going to get cold enough by 6:00pm tonight to ride?
    Trails closed. Still soft but trails are drying. Fat Bikes will be fine. We are not really doing a ride. Lots of debris and trees on trail. Some of us are going out with folding saws to clean up the tail the best we can. Bring a folding saw and loppers if you have them!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 09, 2017, 01:58 PM

Is it going to get cold enough by 6:00pm tonight to ride?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 01, 2017, 10:44 PM

Well it looks like we are going to get another ride in this winter! Pretty with the snow in the trees and some on the ground. Most of the trail is pretty bare. But it will be cold enough to freeze the trail and should make for a great ride! Let's do this! It should be a good one ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 16, 2017, 02:05 PM

Well obviously the trails are muddy and closed. And no one wants to do a road ride in the dark. So a few of us are going to get together anyway and attempt to play some cards. Maybe have a beverage or two. Euchre or 31 have been thrown around as options. Come out and join us if you would like.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 09, 2017, 05:13 PM

I've got studs :-)
    Well you should have a good ride. You can go ride wherever you want. The rest of us will have to take it easy and slow.....

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

February 09, 2017, 11:02 AM

I've got studs :-)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 09, 2017, 10:54 AM

Is the ride still at 6pm? I'm planning on being there tonight!
    Yup. See other post. It is icy!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 09, 2017, 10:53 AM

Well we are going to do something. We still might ride, or get out a deck of cards, or maybe we'll just watch biking videos. Whatever the gang wants to do. No matter we plan to make the best of it. Most singletrack is quite icy. Most doubletrack is OK with some icy stretches. There are also fields to ride if we just want to go off road. We can scout future lines for trails. It is supposed to be another beautiful night.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

February 09, 2017, 10:14 AM

Is the ride still at 6pm? I'm planning on being there tonight!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

January 13, 2017, 03:40 PM

So I should bring my 29er out at this point.
    For now anything with studded tires would be a huge advantage.
    If the forecast holds for next week, I think we will have frost coming out of he ground and nothing but mud. No way we can race on that....lets hope for a change. Some white stuff would be awesome!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

January 13, 2017, 03:26 PM

So I should bring my 29er out at this point.