•  

Looking for a trail to ride.

September 19, 2019, 03:04 PM

I will be in the Wi Dells area this weekend (9/21-9/23) and would like to hit some of the area single track.  From twin cities, MN - "home" trails are Lebanon Hills, Murphy, Carver, Elm Creek - true single track, some technical okay but prefer fast, flowy tracks.

Looks like (in no particular order) Quarry Ridge, CamRock, Blue Mound and Cross Plains might fit the bill.  Any recommendations would be appreciated - any group events even more appreciated as this will be my first time riding these trails.

Thanks for the assist!!

Paul

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

September 19, 2019, 03:17 PM

Welcome!

Actually, Pleasant View might be your best choice for fast and flowy. Pairing this with a Blackhawk membership would get you the most flow in all of Madison. Cross Plains is small but mighty and well worth checking out.

Blue Mound is mostly old school rugged singletrack with improving flow. Quarry ridge has great flow and the biggest vert/milage ratio. CamRock is plenty flowy and fun too.

These trails are all great choices. Be sure to check here for the latest conditions, things don't look good so far for this weekend :( and check our event calendar for what's going on when you will be visiting.

XXX

September 20, 2019, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the response - yes, I've been checking the weather and agree it doesn't look promising.  I'll probably bring my road bike as well as a backup.

Sincerely,

Paul