•  

Trail Building

Timmy
    I might be hurt, but is my bike ok?

September 04, 2015, 08:55 AM

Last night we cleared and began cutting Exit Bypass trail.
    We're taking a break next week and will be back out working on Thursday Sept 17th.

~ Adventure is the invitation to common people to become uncommon - Warren Miller

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:45 AM by Tim H »

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

September 04, 2015, 10:37 AM

Last last we cleared and began cutting Exit Bypass trail.
    We're taking a break next week and will be back out working on Thursday Sept 17th.

Thanks for posting this.

It would be a good idea to post that you'll probably need volunteers when the machine work happens later this month even though it's tricky scheduling - weather, resources etc.... I know I'd like to be able to help and plan for that if possible.

I noticed this was posted in the Seminole Facebook Group and not the official CORP Facebook Page. Please remember many look at our official pages and at times volunteers get upset when they don't see news on the official pages. Also remember how the official Facebook site has approximately 10 times more people looking at it to really help spread the news.

Thanks for all the work! I'm really excited about what's ahead.

:)

XXX
    Timmy

September 04, 2015, 10:47 AM

I will throw something up on the Facebook page!

~ Adventure is the invitation to common people to become uncommon - Warren Miller

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator
    Doesn't have to look pretty, just has to work.

September 04, 2015, 05:06 PM

Im on board to help out with the rest of the Seminole builds. Where else are build schedules being posted?

~ "All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise something great will come out of it"
               Benjamin Mae, We Bought a Zoo

XXX

September 06, 2015, 10:32 AM

Where will this trail be? .. What machine work is going to be done out there...

I will say the outer Loop is riding better than ever.

XXX
    Timmy

September 06, 2015, 10:35 AM

I'll let Nick answer that. I know the machine is also going to help us move a lot of the larger rocks from the pile on the blue loop so we can build some cool features throughout with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXX

September 07, 2015, 10:12 AM

I vote there should be a long skinny going off the back of the big rock on the entrance trail, I'll help build it....

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator

September 13, 2015, 07:50 PM

I see that their is a tentative trail build for this Thursday the 17 th. I  know I will be helping out, but I want to know who else is planning on coming out to help?

Nick C. - will you be back and in attendance?

Melissa

~ "All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise something great will come out of it"

XXX

September 13, 2015, 10:08 PM

Yes, I'm back this week. we will continue on the "Bypass" trail for now. The machine work will be scheduled soon wit updates to follow.

We will continue the Thursday evenings at 5pm workdays.

XXX
    Timmy

September 13, 2015, 11:01 PM

We also might to start looking at the drainage pretty soon.  This week black pipe washed down again and the last drainage crossing on blue was pretty much flooded.

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator

September 13, 2015, 11:05 PM

Yes, I'm back this week. we will continue on the "Bypass" trail for now. The machine work will be scheduled soon wit updates to follow.

We will continue the Thursday evenings at 5pm workdays.

Couple of questions,
    1. Is there a need for more people at the Thursday Night work nights?
    2. Should there be a post placed on the CORP Facebook page if more people are wanted?
    3. Who typically updates the Facebook pages?

I can help with such things if needed.

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

September 14, 2015, 05:03 PM

Do you need larger rock? Would wood be better? Dave and I might be able to help if wood will really help. If larger rock is the answer (and I think it might be) then we should be able to get it delivered to the park with what (I think) is left from the fundraiser. We know enough people with bobcats, etc to transport from the delivery point to the crossing.
    XXX

September 14, 2015, 05:09 PM

This is something we are addressing with the 4days of machine time DCP has allotted us. Dave, and Josh; your help would be appreciated during the time the machine is on the property.

I would like to armor 2 crossing with large stone, and bridge another. In total we cross water on the property 6 times. and it runs hard after rains. We have had the DCP supplied culverts wash out. I asked for larger than I received. : (

And yes...............more people would be helpful as always.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:12 PM by Nick C. »

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

September 14, 2015, 05:12 PM

This is something we are addressing with the 4days of machine time DCP has allotted us. Dave, and Josh; your help would be appreciated during the time the machine is on the property.

I would like to armor 2 crossing with large stone, and bridge another. In total we cross water on the property 6 times. and it runs hard after rains. We have had the DCP supplied culverts wash out. I asked for larger than I received. : (
    If it is after 10/10 I should be able to be there. I don't remember the dates off hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

XXX

September 14, 2015, 05:14 PM

If it is after 10/10 I should be able to be there. I don't remember the dates off hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

No firm dates yet. I just came back from vacation and need to figure out when we can have people on-site to direct machine work. I no longer think I can take all four days off.