•  

Thursday Night Rides! Meet at CamRock Garage. No-drop. Ride at 6p.

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 12, 2014, 08:55 AM

Tomorrow night looks like a great night for a ride! Should be just cool enough to have the trails firm, but not muddy. I will be there with bells on.
    I might have my boys in tow b/c wifey is out of town. Prolly need to make it an earlier night than usual...

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

March 07, 2014, 11:55 AM

The event calendar is available on the homepage. It doesn't display properly in tapatalk.

You can also see the events on the CORP Facebook page.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 07, 2014, 10:45 AM

^ Agreed. Great ride and a good time afterward as well.
    It was nice to be out in weather about 30 degrees above a week ago. But what a change in conditions. A week ago everything was super firm, fast, and hero traction. This week the new snow is sugary with a crust layer mixed in. Little traction to be had. Hard to ride through. You had to work hard in places to ride downhill. Rode almost 6 miles in just shy of two hours ;) Still a blast to ride in, a great workout, a beautiful night to be out, and good folks to ride with. Hard to beat. Riding the river upstream to town was fun! As Dan said like riding on a cloud :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 07, 2014, 10:29 AM

^ Agreed. Great ride and a good time afterward as well.
    It was nice to be out in weather about 30 degrees above a week ago. But what a change in conditions. A week ago everything was super firm, fast, and hero traction. This week the new snow is sugary with a crust layer mixed in. Little traction to be had. Hard to ride through. You had to work hard in places to ride downhill. Rode almost 6 miles in just shy of two hours ;) Riding the river upstream to town was fun though! As Dan said like riding on a cloud. Fun!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 07, 2014, 06:58 AM

Great story Wade!

Even greater ride last night & hats off to CamRock Sport for hanging out post ride for some BS'n and brews!

Good times!!   8)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2014, 04:25 PM

since this thread has derailed a bit, how about a laugh for the day.  worked for me.
    Yeah. In a couple of different directions. Thanks for the laugh Wade.

Now lets ride some bikes! Meeting up at 6 bells. Still at CamRock Sport ;)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 06, 2014, 03:47 PM

since this thread has derailed a bit, how about a laugh for the day.  worked for me.

What deep thinkers men are...

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
    The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing and I said 'nothing'
    The reason I said that instead of saying 'just thinking' is because she would have said 'about what'.

At that point I would have to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics which would lead to other questions.
    Finally I thought about an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?

Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.
    Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion.

A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
    On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
     I rest my case. 

Time for another beer.

XXX

March 06, 2014, 02:36 PM

Have to say I've never been so disappointed in a bike shop than I was with CamRock Sport this weekend. They lost my business for good. Heathers has much cheaper food and beverage and way better customer service.

Sad I was really excited for the new CamRock Sport owners until I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with them. Guess I'm not important enough for them. Oh well, heathers it is.

good shops are harder to find than four leafed clovers.

I got stung so hard by the last proprietor, that I will be gunshy with the new shop.  Not saying I wont give them a shot on a thing or two here or there but I wont plunk down some coin on a brand new high end wheelset until they have been in business for a LOOOOOOONG time. Ill stick to my few favorite "tried and true/been in the business for a while" shops. (not that I take much into the shop to be worked on anyway). 

Still- I hope your bad experience was an isolated one.

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2014, 01:50 PM

The vibe for me was rather unwelcoming and uncaring. If they treated you the way they treated me you wouldn't spend your money there either. Like a said they lost me as a customer. Plenty of bikes, food and beer at other places. Apples or Oranges, customer service is customer service and they sucked at it.
    Sorry to hear you got crappy service. Not saying it did not happen. I don't know the circumstances.
    I only know the owners are good folks who are trying hard and I have seen go above and beyond to try and make people happy. So far as to spend their own $ to make people happy for issues that happened before they owned the store.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2014, 01:46 PM

I tried finding it on the calendar, too, because there's supposed to be a way to hide an event. I can only see it on my FB app, and there are no options to do anything except "yes" or "maybe"
    Yeah I only see events. I was looking for a place where you could view a calendar. That would be nice.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    singletrackminx

March 06, 2014, 11:08 AM

The vibe for me was rather unwelcoming and uncaring. If they treated you the way they treated me you wouldn't spend your money there either. Like a said they lost me as a customer. Plenty of bikes, food and beer at other places. Apples or Oranges, customer service is customer service and they sucked at it.

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

March 06, 2014, 10:46 AM

I tried finding it on the calendar, too, because there's supposed to be a way to hide an event. I can only see it on my FB app, and there are no options to do anything except "yes" or "maybe"

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2014, 10:41 AM

Would it be OK if you removed the weekly rides from the Facebook calendar? I'd rather not unsync it completely.
    OK I will show my ignorance here. I can't figure out how to get to the CORP Calendar on Facebook.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2014, 10:24 AM

Have to say I've never been so disappointed in a bike shop than I was with CamRock Sport this weekend. They lost my business for good. Heathers has much cheaper food and beverage and way better customer service.

Sad I was really excited for the new CamRock Sport owners until I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with them. Guess I'm not important enough for them. Oh well, heathers it is.
    Well that is a bummer for sure. As a local who frequents both places I have certainly had bad experiences with service at both. It happens. I still go back because overall they are great places, and this had been the exception, not the rule.
    As for the food and beverage comments, I think you are comparing apples to oranges.
    If you want a greasy bar burger and a pile of greasy fries then you can't beat the Rockdale Bar.
    If you want $3.50 tappers then Rockdale it is.
    If you want a healthy sandwich or snack wrap then you go to CamRock Sport.
    If you want $4 micro beers with over 100 types for selection, or other healthy juice options, then you go to CamRock.
    I still frequent CamRock about 10 to 1 over Rockdale Bar. I most often, though not always, prefer the healthier food options. I like the beer selections and how they organize it for trying new beers. The owners are really nice people. I usually prefer the music there. The vibe is hard to beat. And they have bikes!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

March 06, 2014, 09:37 AM

Would it be OK if you removed the weekly rides from the Facebook calendar? I'd rather not unsync it completely.