•  

New Trailhead?

July 14, 2020, 02:15 PM

I haven't seen any recent updates on the new trailhead and pump track. I understand the new trailhead was supposed to go in last year but got delayed due to land ownership issues, and I have not seen broken ground yet this summer either. It it getting delayed again?

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 15, 2020, 10:55 PM

Thank you for your interest. There's another delay via the Town Of Middleton board but we keep at things and welcome anyone interested in helping.

XXX

July 22, 2020, 11:03 AM

Interested in helping, you say... what needs to be done? I may be able to find some spare time if it means getting this project rolling again

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 22, 2020, 11:36 AM

Interested in helping, you say... what needs to be done? I may be able to find some spare time if it means getting this project rolling again

Thank you.

CORP president Jon, board member Rob, and trail steward William have been the team. The news related to town board ordinance postponed City Of Middleton finalizing and doing the lease with the CXC organization.

We do have demand for a better trailhead and we're now without the pump track and trailhead area there being replaced longer than people expected.

We also have issues from the tremendous increase in use. Those issues are requests for more one-way trail, and trailhead space. City staff and the PRFC (Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission) need to hear the requests like I do as a trail steward. Same for Middleton City Council. A lot of residents use the trails. After a recent bike ride and some work time seeing around 60 riders, riding by some city parks didn't see 1/2 that using basketball and tennis courts.

The team who've been working with the city will contact you via the forum info.

Thanks for the interest!