•  

Quarry Ridge Conditions

December 26, 2013, 10:16 AM

On Christmas day the trails were not in optimal shape (read: not rideable) but the good news is that there was a fair bit of snowshoe traffic and even a skier pressing them in.  I suspect that a night of the tracks settling in will have made them more rideable today but it's still going to be a slog in some places.  Expect to walk up the hills but even yesterday Garrett and I were able to ride a lot of the classic downhill.  We were on 4" tires so a super fat will probably be able make good progress.

I think there's going to be a few folks out there with snowshoes and bikes tonight at 6.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

December 26, 2013, 10:28 AM

I will be there tonight.   Have to test ou tmy new thermal tights.

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

December 26, 2013, 10:58 AM

I will be there tonight @ 6 with snow shoes.  Would be really cool if other people could snow shoe as well to get the trail packed in since it needs it.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

December 26, 2013, 02:53 PM

I put on track down on the bottom loop this morning, about 2/3 tough riding, 1/3 pushing.  A couple more bikes through there and the bottom two trail segments should be rideable.  That loop took me 45 minutes this morning though!

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX
    g

December 26, 2013, 09:15 PM

Jin and I shoed the long climb and a downhill section. Perhaps Ellis can give us a lunchtime trail report?

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

December 27, 2013, 08:54 AM

Tried to ride last night on the 1/2 fat.   90% pushing; 10% riding.  Not fun.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

December 27, 2013, 09:40 AM

I'm going to try to get out mid day today again, will let ya know.

XXX
    g

December 27, 2013, 09:41 AM

Tried to ride last night on the 1/2 fat.   90% pushing; 10% riding.  Not fun.

Thought that was you looking at your tire marks.  Jin and I saw your lights bouncing around in the woods while we were snow shoeing.  We couldn't tell if you were walking or riding.  Looks like both I guess. 

On questionable days you should bring snow shoes along.  Not as fun as fat biking but not as miserable as pushing your bike through snow.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

December 27, 2013, 12:39 PM

I just put a track down on everything.  Still a bitch in places but much better than yesterday.  Getting there.  Needs bikes.  There are places where I followed the original trail vs what's been stomped, just trying to see if we can keep as much trail going as possible.  One loop of everything was a hell of a workout today.

XXX
    Colin519

January 04, 2014, 01:09 AM

Is it possible to run a snowmobile over the trails to pack it down ? Or a sled with a bunch of weight in it to pack it down ?

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

January 10, 2014, 08:57 AM

Went out late last night to try out the new pugs.  Trails were in great shape.  Snowbiking is a lot more fun when you spend more time riding your bike than pushing it.

XXX

January 10, 2014, 10:06 AM

Snowbiking is a lot more fun when you spend more time riding your bike than pushing it.

But a great workout either way!

XXX

January 14, 2014, 11:55 AM

Anyone been out to QR recently? I will try it tonight and report back.

XXX

February 07, 2014, 08:34 AM

I've got a couple hours to play tomm afternoon from roughly 2-4pm.  anyone want to meet at QR for a ride?

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

February 07, 2014, 10:13 AM

Might be able to make this happen...wil let you know.