•  

Ever thought of trying out night riding?

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 16, 2015, 03:09 PM

Or need a really cheap set of backup lights? Check out this set of lights is found on the interwebs:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-rechargeable-super-bright-bike-light-and-headset-combo?utm_source=fac&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=US_DT_SOM_FAC_TIM_TTT_RS_CBP_CH1_NBR_x*fb6032748995443

This is version of the light a lot of us started with. No guarantees from me. I'm just trying to share the love of night riding. But for this price if it gets you out trying out trying something new, this is a super cheap way to give it a shot.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

October 20, 2015, 10:24 PM

Dang, that is cheap. Haven't fired mine up in 6 years, if it doesn't work I may have to try this for the price.

I wonder how easy it would be to helmet mount?

Sent from my SM-G900R4

XXX

October 20, 2015, 10:40 PM

I'm new to night riding this season, but I bought a light on Amazon that looks identical to that one. I think it was $35. The helmet/head strap that it comes with is worthless, but I was able to use a helmet mount from another light with this one. I've only had it a couple of months, but it's been great so far. I'm thinking about getting another one.

XXX

October 21, 2015, 09:36 AM

Those Magicshine knockoffs are all over Amazon and Ebay. For the price they are tempting, but I think they might be a bit of a gamble quality and durability wise. Although, if it goes to pot after a season you're not really out a lot of money. I've got one and it's holding up fine. Most come with a helmet mount and I've had no issues with the one that came with mine. All that said, I much prefer my Gemini lights and don't regret that I spent more for those.   

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 21, 2015, 09:44 AM

Those Magicshine knockoffs are all over Amazon and Ebay. For the price they are tempting, but I think they might be a bit of a gamble quality and durability wise. Although, if it goes to pot after a season you're not really out a lot of money. I've got one and it's holding up fine. Most come with a helmet mount and I've had no issues with the one that came with mine. All that said, I much prefer my Gemini lights and don't regret that I spent more for those.
    Ditto for me on the Gemini's as well. I have gotten mine from Action LED. He is out of Rockford I think. Local, and great service. He has repaired and/or replaced equipment when service was needed or issues came up. Definitely worth a couple of extra bucks for the service.  http://www.action-led-lights.com/
    But if spending $25 or $30 bucks gets someone to try out night riding I am all for it. I may even spring for a couple of these to have as spares in case others want to give it a try.

~ Chuck Hutchens