•  

Seeking Volunteers - Fat bike committee

g
    And last but not least.......

January 28, 2016, 10:48 PM

Not against the idea of riding on snowmobile trails. You may have to take ownership of that task though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXX

January 29, 2016, 12:49 PM

Glad to hear about the development of this committee. I think there are a lot of tough issues to resolve when it comes to fat biking, particularly when it comes to whether a trail is ok to ride. I think everyone understands why trails shouldn't be ridden when wet and muddy but I'm still learning what fouls a snow covered trail. I've heard conflicting messages of "too much snow", "not enough snow", "too soft", "don't ride until groomed", "get out and ride to pack it in". I appreciate all the work the trail stewards are putting into grooming but if all it takes is a couple of bikes to ruin the trail, no amount of signage will stop that - always gonna be someone who just doesn't really know how to read the conditions...or doesn't care. Maybe a shift towards trail maintenance in addition to signage would help. Some tool that allows a rutted trail to be groomed again would keep a trail open longer than having to wait for fresh snow. Jeff - you're  an engineer..get on it ;)

XXX

January 29, 2016, 01:50 PM

Some tool that allows a rutted trail to be groomed again would keep a trail open longer than having to wait for fresh snow.

It's called a compaction drag.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

February 10, 2016, 02:32 PM

We need to poke at this a little bit. Would one of you please consider stepping up as leader of this by our Feb meeting? If not a leader worked out how about list an around the table meeting?

Thanks much.

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

February 10, 2016, 02:38 PM

Not it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

February 10, 2016, 02:49 PM

Not it. :)

My hope was sparing you, the other trail stewards, and board members. That bunch is already neck deep in doing a lot. Didn't I just see you at a city hall meeting when some were surely riding bikes or at the bar???

Thanks much.