•  

WORS battle of camrock

April 02, 2022, 05:20 PM

Hey guys, hope this post is in the correct place as it’s my first time posting here. Been coming to this site a few years now but never made an account. I just signed up for the WORS battle of camrock on June 12, in the citizen class for my age group. I’ve been casually riding about a year-year and a half now. Just wanted to see if you guys had any experience with them and if I signed up in the right group, or if anyone knew how long the race is. Basically, should I be training for the two laps? There wasn’t much info on the WORS site, and if that’s by design and part of the fun to not know the route, length etc ahead of time then that’s fine and I’ll just show up and ride. It’s my first time signing up for anything like this and just wanted some more info if anyone knew. Thanks in advanced!

XXX

April 04, 2022, 05:18 PM

Sounds like you are in the right class.  Last year citizen winning time was 42 minutes, with the majority of other racers coming in under an hour.  WORS switched hands recently, so there is less information online than usual.  However, if you want to prepare, just ride Camrock as much as you can.  The race, for the most part, follows established trails.  I'm assuming there will be more information online as the race approaches, including number of laps, course layout, etc.  The WORS standard has been to have the course set up for pre-riding the day before.  Enjoy and good luck!

XXX

April 15, 2022, 11:49 PM

Citizen will be two laps for a distance of about 10 miles. The exact course will be open to ride the day before races.

XXX

April 26, 2022, 07:28 PM

Does anyone ride a gravel bike or is this event strictly for mountain biking only? This race sounds fun, but the most suitable bike I own is a gravel bike with 700x40c tires.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 29, 2022, 06:13 PM

It has been done on a gravel bike. Certainly the higher up in class you go the more rough trail is ridden for the race. But I know folks who ride all of CamRock on a gravel bike. I they are nuts, but that is just me!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 30, 2022, 10:32 PM

I’d say the WORS races this weekend at Iola, and the Reforestation Ramble later in the summer would be the best suited to a drop bar bike.