•  

Can't log in for Worklog

Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 06, 2013, 11:35 AM

It's been like this for a couple weeks, I just forgot to mention anything until now.

I am set to auto-login, but when I go to the work log, it's still asking me to log in.  I log in anyways, try going back to the page, same deal.

XXX
    Gary S
    Administrator

October 06, 2013, 09:25 PM

Sigh... it seems to be working OK in IE.  Might be a cookie thing.  No worries, sorry for not testing it further.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

October 06, 2013, 09:48 PM

Thanks for mentioning. There are definite issues. I have plans to rewrite it into SMF in the upcoming weeks. Once that has been completed, the WordPress site can be retired.

XXX

October 20, 2013, 09:52 PM

Same issue.

Also, an annoying feature from before is the date format. It needs a pop-up calendar to select a date. Otherwise, some recent work was buried at the end with a date in the wrong format.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

October 20, 2013, 10:42 PM

I'll try and start work on the replacement later this week. Maybe have something functional by next week. Thanks for the reminder.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 21, 2013, 10:54 AM

I'll try and start work on the replacement later this week. Maybe have something functional by next week. Thanks for the reminder.
    Dude I would not rush into things. Like make sure all of your brains are still in your head and stuff ::) We certainly appreciate it but don't you need to recover for a bit? That seemed to me like one major procedure.
    Take a rest. Then you can get back to it :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

October 21, 2013, 01:33 PM

I need to have something to do. Don't worry I won't rush it. That php is finicky stuff.

XXX

October 21, 2013, 07:34 PM

Relax and recover, I'm unsure if the worklog data is being used. Is it?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 21, 2013, 08:27 PM

Relax and recover, I'm unsure if the worklog data is being used. Is it?
    I have not been using it in the last year. I actually did not know it was working since our last web update. That also means that no volunteer work at CamRock has been recorded this year :-[
    If this was working well I would definitely use it and direct others to do so as well. It is important to be able to sort the data by trail for reporting to our land managers.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Gary S
    Administrator

October 21, 2013, 09:19 PM

It's absolutely being used for work at Blue Mounds.  Kevin has requested volunteer hours for last two years.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 22, 2013, 06:01 AM

It's absolutely being used for work at Blue Mounds.  Kevin has requested volunteer hours for last two years.
    We also used it a lot last year. A great tool if it works and we can get people to use it. I spent a lot of time pushing the volunteers to record their times and it seemed to be working well. Then all the data was lost with one of our updates so it was all for naught.
    This year I will just guess and throw a number at DCP.
    If we can get this working. Make it reliable. And have the data so we can sort it by location that would be fantastic. It would be a great tool to use for tracking the volunteer hours to DCP, and it would help me to know who is doing a lot of the work at CamRock. It is not always who I think it is.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

October 22, 2013, 06:45 AM

I need a project to work on for my recovery. This seems like a good one. What I started yesterday is a simple database entry of workers and dates and hours, using the SMF database security. It could be sorted and filtered using excel. I could also build more of that capability into it.

I should have an initial version ready next week. Let's take a look then. If it is found useful, I can continue the effort.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

October 22, 2013, 06:49 AM

I also intend to preserve all that Walt and Gary have entered. Don't worry about that.

I'm expected home from the hospital today, I'll make backups when I can.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

October 29, 2013, 09:20 PM

so i have migrated the data to the new log, and will need to catch up on any current entries, but you can take a look at my progress here:

http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?action=worklog

The filters don't work yet, and there is no data entry mechanism, but there should be enough there to see the direction this is headed. Please comment if there are obvious features missing. Also, please understand if this is broken or erratic from time to time as it is a work in progress.

filters and maybe export should be ready by the end of this week. data entry should be ready next week.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 04, 2013, 08:10 AM

I've been making some progress on the work log. There's still a lot of debug code at the top, but we've now got filtering, a rudimentary export functionality, new condition posting, and you can delete reports that you have made. The ability to edit existing reports and removing all that debug code is about all that remains.

relucantly posted via tapatalk free on my android mobile device